[Bdi4emc-help] Re: Where is the source code for the versions of emc and axis on bdi 4.30 and 4.38?

jepler at unpythonic.net jepler at unpythonic.net
Wed Jan 18 01:56:32 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 06:38:06PM -0600, jepler at unpythonic.net wrote:
> [N]ow, 'apt-get source emc' downloads 'emc_1.0-29.tar.gz' and
> 'emc_1.0-29.dsc'.  However, 'dpkg -l emc' reports that the version
> on bdi 4.38 is actually '1.0-38'.

Following up my earlier message, I tried to buid emc_1.0-29 according to
the instructions in the debian apt-howto
(http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-sourcehandling.en.html)

As that page suggests, I ran
    apt-get -b source emc
which eventually fails:
    dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is i386
     deb/rules clean
    /usr/bin/dpkg-buildpackage: line 175: debian/rules: No such file or directory
    Build command 'cd emc-1.0 && dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc' failed.
    E: Child process failed
The 'rules' file is listed as 'required stuff under debian/' in the
Debian New Maintainers Guide, so I can only assume that the source
archive that 'apt-get' downloaded has somehow become damaged.

Thanks for any pointers you can give me.

Jeff