[Bdi4emc-help] Re: Where is the source code for the versions of emc and axis on bdi 4.30 and 4.38?

Paul bdi-emc at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 18 12:24:33 CET 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 00:56, jepler at unpythonic.net wrote:
>     apt-get -b source emc
> which eventually fails:
>     dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is i386
>      deb/rules clean
>     /usr/bin/dpkg-buildpackage: line 175: debian/rules: No such file or
> directory Build command 'cd emc-1.0 && dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc' failed. E:
> Child process failed
> The 'rules' file is listed as 'required stuff under debian/' in the
> Debian New Maintainers Guide, so I can only assume that the source
> archive that 'apt-get' downloaded has somehow become damaged.

dpkg-buildpackage will always fail to build the emc-1.0 package. To
successfully build the emc-1.0-xx.deb requires (amongst other things), m-a,
dh_helper, and a few extra packages from the experimental branch. The
emc-modules package is dependant on a specific kernel package version and can
only be built along side that one kernel. May be when m-a has been fully
debugged and migrated through to "stable" we can look at fixing this minor
problem.

 You can still compile emc by switching to the emc-1.0/src directory, running
configure, followed by make as per the usual instructions. This will result
in a fully functional set of binaries that are identical to the packaged
version.

Regards, Paul.

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and