[Bdi4emc-help] Re: Where is the source code for the versions of emc and axis on bdi 4.30 and 4.38?

jepler at unpythonic.net jepler at unpythonic.net
Wed Jan 18 01:38:06 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 11:16:57PM +0000, Paul wrote:
> On Monday 16 January 2006 22:14, jepler at unpythonic.net wrote:
> > Where is the source code for the versions of emc and axis that appear on
> > bdi 4.30 and 4.38?
>
> Jeff
>
>   apt-get source emc
>
> Will get you the most recent tarball. Check with viewcvs at SF for the last
> tag - This will be most recent checkout from which the emc package was
> compiled from.

Hi.

Thanks for these instructions.  However, I was still not able to get the
source for the versions of emc and axis that appear on bdi 4.38.  I was
able to get the source for a different version of emc, but I wasn't able
to get any source for axis.

Before I could get any source, I had to add several lines to
/etc/apt/sources.list (manually transcribed, so I may have introduced
errors):
    deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian sarge main contrib
    deb-src http://mirrors.neutron.com/emc-bdi/apt srge updates extras
    deb-src http://solaris.cs.utt.ro/emc-bdi/apt srge updates extras
Then, I had to run 'apt-get update' again.

How, 'apt-get source emc' downloads 'emc_1.0-29.tar.gz' and
'emc_1.0-29.dsc'.  However, 'dpkg -l emc' reports that the version
on bdi 4.38 is actually '1.0-38'.

And 'apt-get source axis' (hey, I was going to try the obvious here)
reports that it is 'Unable to find a source package for axis'.

This message is widely copied again, as I still haven't seen my messages
appear on bdi4emc-help, and I know there are some who are only
subscribed to emc-users who are interested in the answer as well.
Please copy emc-users on reply, or I'll be happy to continue forwarding
copies to them.

Jeff
PS I normally sign my messages with gpg, but just in case the problem
with the bdi4emc-help list is the signature, I'm omitting it from this
message.