[Bdi4emc-help] Running EMC2 on BDI 4.38

Paul bdi-emc at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 13 21:19:30 CET 2006

Hi Martin

On Friday 13 January 2006 19:47, Martin Ullrich wrote:
> "cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/emc login"
> in the  bash, I get the message: "bash: cvs: command not found". Do you now
> whats wrong there? I am quite unfamiliar with Linux, so please excuse
> questions, which seem to be stupid.

Sounds like you didn't install the development tools required to access the
CVS repository, I suspect you may have also missed out installing gcc and
friends. A couple of commands to execute from the command line:

  sudo apt-cdrom
  sudo apt-get install cvs rtai-dev-2.6.12.6-rtai

The first command should prompt you to insert the BDI-4.38 CD which will then
be scanned for any package lists. The second command uses this list to locate
the rtai-dev package, resolve any dependencies and then install everything
that is required. It is possible that you will need additional dev. packages
to compile emc2 - For the full list, I would suggest consulting the relevant
pages over at http://wiki.linuxcnc.org.

Regards, Paul.

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and