[Bdi4emc-help] Re: Bdi4emc-help Digest, Vol 2, Issue 4

Kent A. Reed knbreed at erols.com
Tue Jan 10 02:49:58 CET 2006

Paul wrote:

>Message: 1
>Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 09:29:30 +0000
>From: Paul <bdi-emc at ntlworld.com>
>Subject: [Bdi4emc-help] BDI-4.38 package list
>To: "Help and advice for BDI-4 users."
>	<bdi4emc-help at lists.ourproject.org>
>Cc: Abdul R Rafiq <arafiq at vitalsystem.com>
>

>Hi Folks
>
>Updated the wiki with a new page listing *ALL* the packages on the BDI-4.38 CD
>at http://ourproject.org/moin/Package_list - Note: Although both the kernel
>and rtai sources are included, they are not needed for compilation of emc or
>any other third party kernel modules (see the Nvidia page for details).
>
> Over the next few months, I'd like to see discussion on package candidates
>for the BDI-4.40 release, perhaps even debate on what to drop to free up
>space..
>

>Regards, Paul.

Thanks, Paul.

Recall my mindset that the BDI is all about EMC1/2 and making chips fly.
The first packages I would vote 'off the island' are those related to
document preparation. These include packages such as and related to
aspell, dictionary-common,  kdict, kghostview, koffice, kword, gs, etc.

Regards,
Kent