[Bdi4emc-help] Running EMC2 on BDI 4.38

Martin Ullrich martin.ullrich at ferien4ever.de
Fri Jan 13 20:47:25 CET 2006

Paul schrieb:

>Hi Martin
>
>On Wednesday 11 January 2006 21:31, Martin Ullrich wrote:
>

>>as I get EMC2 not running with 4.38, I tried again to install 4.30, but
>>in graphical mode I get an error at the end of the installation,
>>something with 'bad window'. In text mode key inputs at the end of the
>>installation are written somewhere on the screen..., I think in december
>>somebody described it...
>>But some time ago, I had 4.30 running with graphical mode installation I
>>guess, so there must be a way to install it. Today I made with a win98
>>bootdisk 'fdisk /mbr', and I guess I had success and removed GRUB. But
>>the following try to install 4.30  caused  the  'bad window' error again...
>>

>Without a lot more information as to where the install is crashing, the type
>of hardware, previous checks made, I can only give general answers. It sounds
>like you may have a bad burn or faulty hardware, so a few questions:
>
>Did you check the md5 sum of the downloaded ISO images ?
>
>Does the mediacheck boot option on the CD verify the contents OK ?
>
>Is the memory in the computer pass the memtest86 tests ?
>
>Have you tried another CDROM drive and/or a different media ?
>
>If you had a working BDI-4.3 install, why re-install when apt-get would have
>up/downgraded packages for you ?
>

>Regards, Paul.

Hi Paul,
thanks for your help! As there is an instruction how to install EMC2 on
4.38 at linuxcnc.org, I decided to install 4.38 and try it out again.
But when I enter "cvs
-d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/emc login" in the
bash, I get the message: "bash: cvs: command not found". Do you now
whats wrong there? I am quite unfamiliar with Linux, so please excuse
questions, which seem to be stupid.
Greetings
Martin