[Bdi4emc-help] SATA drives and BDI

Eric H. Johnson ejohnson at aaainc.com
Sat Feb 25 16:31:52 CET 2006

Hi all,

Are SATA drives not supported by the BDI? I successfully did an install etc.
on a system with IDE drives, but now when I try to do it on one with SATA
drives I immediately get the notice "No hard drives have been found. You
probably need to manually chose device drivers for the installation to
succeed. Would you like to select drivers now?" The system does in fact have
two SATA hard drives.

I tried several of the options for installing drivers manually or custom
setup, but the necessary drivers are never listed. However proceeding as far
as I can with the install invariably ends up with the message "An error has
occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems.
Please check your hardware for the cause of the problem."

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric