[Bdi4emc-help] request for additional packages

Paul bdi-emc at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 23 18:54:56 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 13:47, David Szakovits wrote:
> >Requests for additional packages not currently on the list are welcome...
>
> i would like to see both emc2 and axis included, and with source that will
> build sucessfully!

I'm afraid we will have to wait until the "make install" for emc2 is safe to
use and the debian/rules produces a usable package that doesn't break. We
will have to wait for the emc2 developers to resolve the outstanding issues
and provide something that works.

 Having an Axis that will work with both emc-1.0 and emc2 is a different ball
game.. There are a few differences that will result in Axis only working with
emc-1.0 or emc2 and it would not be a simple exercise to produce two packages
that would sit side by side on the same system. That said, it may be possible
to make a few minor changes in emc-1.0 as long as the incompatabilities are
restricted to the NML layer.

Providing tarballs of both packages would be a simple enough exercise, but
there would be no guarantee that the compile would be simple or lead to a
working system - All I can do is take a CVS snapshot or official tarball and
when it breaks hand you over to the relevant developers..

Regards, Paul.

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and