[Bdi4emc-help] BDI TESTING won't test

Paul bdi-emc at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 15 18:00:13 CET 2006

Hi Gene

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 05:50, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I maybe didn't do it right, but testing won't run, returning this stanza
> on launching it, as root, built as gene after doing a chown gene:gene to
> the whole tree as root before I did the make clean && make as gene:

The emc2 makefile contains a nasty fork bomb that will take your system down
if you trigger it correctly. Also, if you must do a "make install", make sure
you have run configure with --prefix=/tmp lest you install over the top of
one of the existing EMC libraries. The install target could very well trash
your working EMC install, and that emc2.deb will most certainly break a BDI-4
system.

Regards, Paul.

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and