[Bdi4emc-help] BDI TESTING won't test

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Feb 15 06:50:12 CET 2006

Greetings John & company;

I maybe didn't do it right, but testing won't run, returning this stanza
on launching it, as root, built as gene after doing a chown gene:gene to
the whole tree as root before I did the make clean && make as gene:
============
shop:/home/gene/emc2# scripts/emc
Machine configuration directory is '/home/gene/emc2/configs/stepper/'
Machine configuration file is 'stepper_inch.ini'
Starting emc...
insmod: can't read '/rtapi.ko': No such file or directory
insmod: can't read '/hal_lib.ko': No such file or directory
ERROR: Could not load 'rtapi'
ERROR: Could not load 'hal_lib'
Realtime system did not load
Shutting down and cleaning up EMC...
Could not find pid(s) for task classicladder
Cleanup done
==========
looks like that / in front of the name may be the perp?

rtapi.ko exists with this timestamp in rtapi the dir:
-rw-r--r--  1 gene gene  31521 2006-02-14 22:33 rtlib/rtapi.ko
And:
shop:/home/gene/emc2# ls -l lib/*
-rw-rw-r--  1 gene gene   72296 2006-02-06 22:29 lib/hal_lib.o

so it appears both modules are there, but not found because of the
leading slash used makes it search / for those files.

One thing I didn't do was to nuke the config.status etc files and
rerun ./configure before doing the make, should I have?  Its late
or I'd test that yet tonight.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: