[Bdi4emc-help] Installation Exception

Paul bdi-emc at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 14 12:46:44 CET 2006

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 08:04, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Humph, winderz strikes again.  But before I lay the blame 100% on Bill,
> did you also grab the md5sum of that iso, and did it match when you
> checked it?  Good qwuestion but I don't know if winderz even has an
> md5sum function.  I don't have a windows machine, and never have had
> one.

There are a few md5sum utilities available to download for M$ platforms, some
for free, others cost a few bucks. Just google for them..

 On occasion, you will get a bad burn which is not so easy to test for under
Windows, so when you boot from the CD, type in "linux checkmedia" at the very
first boot screen - Follow the simple instructions, and you will get a pass
or fail message when complete. The error that Peter reports sounds very much
like a corrupt CD rather than anything intrinsically wrong.

Regards, Paul.

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and