[Bdi4emc-help] Installation Exception

Paul bdi-emc at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 14 13:06:46 CET 2006

Hi Peter

On Monday 13 February 2006 23:16, Peter Skerda wrote:
> This Old Gezzer has only recently tried to become familiar with Linux BDI &
> make Installation on a CNC System. Hope I got the picture right?
> Installation is on an OS free system no other systems on HD. Using Linux
> BDI & EMC 4.18 to install. Piece of cake - Right?

First, I would strongly recommend using a later build than 4.18, the latest is
4.38 which contains a few bug fixes to EMC along with a large number of
updated packages. Using the latest BDI-4 will make your life much easier
should you wish to install new packages from Debian and/or upgrade EMC when a
new version is released.

It is also possible for Linux to be installed on a dual boot machine - At one
point, I had a total of five flavours to boot from... The BDI-4 installer
makes it possible to install Linux on a spare partition, or even a separate
hard drive. Many people prefer to stick to a "one or other" either by using
removable HD caddies, or a dedicated computer.

Regards, Paul.

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and