[Bdi4emc-help] BDI-4.38 suggestions

Paul bdi-emc at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 27 14:45:03 CET 2005

Hi folks

Working on a few minor issues related to the kernel packages, in particular,
the need to have to mess around with the kernel-source tree before compiling
any modules - An upgrade on the main build system has resulted in a shiny new
set of key packages. The rtai-dev and kernel-headers packages are the only
prerequisites for compiling kernel modules now.
The change in the way kernel packages are produced has introduced a name
change (kernel-image-2.6.12.6-magma is now linux-image-2.6.12.6-rtai) along
with an increase in size for linux-headers-2.6.12.6-rtai (up by 1.4M). This
is offset by dropping kernel-kbuild (355K).

Mumblings from other quarters would suggest the addition of subversion to be
useful, however, this adds another 1.4M to the final ISO. Along with the
increase in size of the kernel packages, I'm at 630M for the ISO..

Question: Is subversion worth the additional space, should something be
dropped in it's favour, or should I forget about reserving space for emc2 ?

Regards, Paul.

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and