[Uniwiki-aia_t01] R in action. More than anything it meant doing things for the people

Llista dels Alumnes de pr& #195; ctiques d'AIA-UB, T01 uniwiki-aia_t01 at lists.ourproject.org
Mon Mar 29 08:12:21 CEST 2010

Ree smashed in two weeks. They're no earthly good for stony soil."
"Tis n' so
bad 'ere as it is at the east end, miss." "Well, we'll see. You can
let her go now." With a fearful grinding and clanking
the tractor started. The revolving disc coulter cut the earth; the
three great shares gripped
it and turned it on one side. But the earth, instead of slanting off
clear from the furrows, fell back again. Anne dismounted and ran after
the tractor and stopped it. "He hasn't got his plough set right," she
said. "It's

too deep in." She stooped, and did something mysterious and efficient
with a lever; the wheels dipped, raising the shares to their right
level, and the tractor set off again.
This time the earth parted clean
from the furrows with the noise of surge, and three slanting,
glistening waves ran the length of the field in the wake of the triple
plough.
"Oh, Jerrold,
look at those three lovely furrows. Look at the pace it goes. This
field will be ploughed up in a day or two. Colin, aren't
you pleased?" The tractor was coming towards them, making a most
horrible noise. "No," he said, "I don't like the row it makes. Can't I
go, now I've

seen what the beastly thing can do?" "Yes. You'd better go if you
can't stand it." Colin went with quick, desperate strides down the
field away from the terrifying sound of

the tractor. They looked after him sorrowfully. "He's not right yet. I
don't think he'll ever be able to stand noises." "You
must give him time, Anne." "Time? He's had three years. It's
heart-breaking. I must just keep him out of the way of the tractors,
that's all." She mounted her horse and we