[Solar-parla] the "en

Grahl sealing at esmallwood.com
Tue Aug 18 21:18:23 CEST 2009

T personally acknowledge--and I do so gladly--that I received useful
assistance and valuable criticism from the Messrs. Healy in conducting
the Local Government Bill through the House of Commons; and credit must
also be given to Mr. John Redmond for the part he took in aiding to
bring together the Recess Committee. But the Messrs. Healy have always
acted independently; and Mr. John Redmond was, at the time referred to,
leader of only a small minority of the Irish Nationalists. The feeling
of the majority, and certainly of the leaders of the majority, was
reflected, as we have seen, in the refusal of Mr. Justin McCarthy to
have anything to do with the movement. Mr. Dillon in particular has
shown a disposition to regard minor political grievances, and even
poverty and discontent, as so much fuel wherewith to stoke the lagging
engine of Home Rule. Remedial measures short of Home Rule seem to take
in his eyes the character of attempts to deprive