[Solar-general] Fwd: We won the battle!

Diego Saravia diego.saravia en gmail.com
Jue Oct 13 23:53:15 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Segal
Date: 2011/10/13
Subject: We won the battle!
To: Diego Saravia <diego.saravia en gmail.com>

 Diego,

F <http://act.demandprogress.org/go/307?akid=953.609406.t8fXd_&t=1>irst the
good news:  Last week we challenged you to help us beat the Entertainment
Industry's front group "Creative America" -- It took them three months to
round up 10,000 Internet Blacklist Bill proponents, *but we found 10,000 new
censorship opponents in just three days!*

We won the battle, but the war rages on. A private company wants its own
Internet Kill Switch. Verisign controls the assignment of .com and .net
domain names -- and makes nearly $700 million each year to do it.  *Now it's
seeking the power to take down websites whenever governments wants them
censored.***

*Will you fight back by urging regulators to reject Verisign's request?
It'll just take a
second.<http://act.demandprogress.org/go/307?akid=953.609406.t8fXd_&t=2>
*

Verisign could implement the Internet Blacklist Bill that's pending before
Congress.  And it could help governments censor political speech abroad --
or, eventually, here in the United States.

The group that regulates domain name assignments -- and would need to
approve Verisign's request -- is called the Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers, or ICANN.

*Will you click here to urge ICANN to reject Verisign's request for its own
kill switch?*<http://act.demandprogress.org/go/307?akid=953.609406.t8fXd_&t=3>

Thanks.

-- The Demand Progress team**

*PS: Please help us spread the word about this ploy by Verisign to censor
the net:*
  [image: [fb]] If you're already on *Facebook*, click here to share with
your friends.<http://act.demandprogress.org/go/308?akid=953.609406.t8fXd_&t=4>
 [image:
[fb]] If you're already on *Twitter*, click here to tweet about the
campaign: Tweet<http://act.demandprogress.org/go/309?akid=953.609406.t8fXd_&t=5>
Paid for by Demand Progress (DemandProgress.org <http://demandprogress.org/>)
and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions
are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax
purposes.

--
Diego Saravia
Diego.Saravia en gmail.com