[Solar-general] Fwd: [CaFe-pm] Fwd: Perl 5.12.0-RC1 now available

Fernando Cassia fcassia en gmail.com
Mie Mar 31 00:58:08 CEST 2010

2010/3/30 Diego Saravia <dsa en unsa.edu.ar>

> Yo te garanto que con NetRexx (o Regina Rexx, GPL) cualquier programador
>> hobbista en cuestión de minutos puede leer código de terceros y entender qué
>> hace, aún sin experiencia previa.
>>

> y si, seguramente sera sencillo, la verdad nunca lo use

http://packages.debian.org/testing/interpreters/regina-rexx

REXX has just twenty-three, largely self-evident, instructions (*e.g.*, *
call*, *parse*, and *select*) with _minimal punctuation and formatting
requirements_. It is essentially an almost free-form
language<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-form_language>___with only
one data-type, the character string____; this philosophy means
that all data are visible (symbolic) and debugging and tracing are
simplified.

REXX syntax looks similar to PL/I <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PL/I>, but
has fewer notations; this makes it harder to parse (by program) but easier
to use.

It was designed to be a
macro<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro_%28computer_science%29>or
scripting language for any system. As such, REXX is considered a
precursor to Tcl <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tcl> and
Python<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_%28programming_language%29>.

---

Cuando entendés lo de "todo es un string", o "los números son strings
también", en realidad ahí decís "¿pero por qué me rompí la cabeza tanto
tiempo con (todos los demás) lenguajes?".

:-)

Es también casi tan viejo como un tiranosaurio Rex... ;-)

---

"It was first described in public at the SHARE 56 conference in Houston,
Texas, in 1981"
"(...) versions available for Novell
NetWare<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novell_NetWare>,
Windows <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Windows>,
Java<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_%28programming_language%29>,
and Linux <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux>." (...) In 1996
ANSI<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_National_Standards_Institute>published
a standard for REXX: ANSI X3.274–1996 “Information Technology –
Programming Language REXXâ€

"REXX marked its 25th anniversary on 20 March 2004, which was celebrated at
the REXX Language Association’s 15th International REXX Symposium in
Böblingen, Germany, in May 2004."

---

¿O será que yo soy un dinosaurio?. De nuevo, no contesten, por favor... ;-)

FC

--
Dream of the Daily Mail
It is the Holy Grail

-Manic Street Preachers, "Royal Correspondent"