Re: [Solar-general] Segun Clarin, Linux dominará el mundo

Sebastian Bassi sbassi en clubdelarazon.org
Vie Abr 10 17:49:02 CEST 2009

2009/4/10 Jorge Barbeito <jorge.barbeito at gmail.com>:
> los dueños de la FED (la que recientemente me enteré que es una empresa
> privada y cuyos accionistas son grandes bancos). En la composición inicial,

No es una empresa ni es privada (ademas tiene dominio .gov). Es una
ente mixto publico con componentes privados:

"is the central banking system of the United States. Created in 1913
by the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act, it is a quasi-public
(government entity with private components) banking system[1] that
comprises (1) the presidentially appointed Board of Governors of the
Federal Reserve System in Washington, D.C.; (2) the Federal Open
Market Committee; (3) twelve regional privately-owned Federal Reserve
Banks located in major cities throughout the nation acting as fiscal
agents for the U.S. Treasury, each with its own nine-member board of
directors; (4) numerous other private U.S. member banks, which
subscribe to required amounts of non-transferable stock in their
regional Federal Reserve Banks; and (5) various advisory councils. "

Tambien dice la wikipedia:

Balance between private banks and responsibility of governments

The system was designed out of a compromise between the competing
philosophies of privatization and government regulation.[22] While
planning the design of the system, some people wanted the system to
have generally private aspects whereas others wanted more government
involvement. The system that resulted ended up being a compromise
between these two philosophies. In 2006 Donald L. Kohn, vice chairman
of the Board of Governors, summarized the history of this
compromise:[25]

    Agrarian and progressive interests, led by William Jennings Bryan,
favored a central bank under public, rather than banker, control. But
the vast majority of the nation's bankers, concerned about government
intervention in the banking business, opposed a central bank structure
directed by political appointees.

    The legislation that Congress ultimately adopted in 1913 reflected
a hard-fought battle to balance these two competing views and created
the hybrid public-private, centralized-decentralized structure that we
have today.

In the current system, private banks are for-profit businesses but
government regulation places restrictions on what they can do. The
Federal Reserve System is the part of government that regulates the
private banks. The balance between privatization and government
involvement is also seen in the structure of the system. Private banks
elect members of the board of directors at their regional Federal
Reserve Bank while the members of the Board of Governors are selected
by the President of the United States and confirmed by the Senate. The
private banks give input to the government officials about their
economic situation and these government officials use this input in
Federal Reserve policy decisions. In the end, private banking
businesses are able to run a profitable business while the U.S.
government, through the Federal Reserve System, oversees and regulates
the activities of the private banks.