[Solar-general] (Original) Artistic License

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en yahoo.com.ar
Sab Sep 24 00:03:57 CEST 2005

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#GPLIncompatibleLicenses

Permítaseme pegar lo que dice FSF al respecto de (Original) Artistic License
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"(Original) Artistic License

    We cannot say that this is a free software license because it is too
vague; some passages are too clever for their own good, and their meaning is
not clear. We urge you to avoid using it, except as part of the disjunctive
license of Perl.

   The problems are matters of wording, not substance. There is a revised
version of the Artistic License (dubbed "Artistic License 2.0") which is a
free software license, and even compatible with the GNU GPL. This license is
being considered for use in Perl 6. If you are thinking of releasing a
program under the Artistic License, please do investigate other
GPL-compatible, Free Software licensing options listed here first.

    The Artistic License 2.0 is currently in a draft phase with The Perl
Foundation. FSF is in active negotations with the Perl Foundation regarding
the license, and we look forward to a result which will benefit all users."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

	Bien, entonces si entiendo bien el asunto pasa más que nada por que los
autores de d4x y razor apliquen la nueva licencia 2.0 cuando esté disponible.
	El caso no es "tan" grave como pensaba, siendo que "The problems are matters
of wording, not substance." los problemas son asuntos de formas de redacción,
no de la esencia misma de la licencia.

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
*Desempleado, busco empleo estable.*