[Solar-general] Licencia Artistic aprobada por OSI y Debian pero no por FSF

Daniel Olivera daniel en ututo.org
Mie Sep 21 21:18:02 CEST 2005

Leyendo en http://www.debian.org/intro/free me encontre que entre las
licencias consideradas libres esta la licencia Artistic

La OSI la Aprueba:
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/artistic-license.php

---
the license is approved by OSI for certifying software as OSI Certified
Open Source.
---

Esta licencia es aprobada por la OSI y por Debian.

Pero la FSF dice en
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#NonFreeSoftwareLicense
No considerarla libre

---
(Original) Artistic License

    We cannot say that this is a free software license because it is
too vague; some passages are too clever for their own good, and their
meaning is not clear. We urge you to avoid using it, except as part of
the disjunctive license of Perl.

    The problems are matters of wording, not substance. There is a
revised version of the Artistic License (dubbed "Artistic License 2.0")
which is a free software license, and even compatible with the GNU GPL.
This license is being considered for use in Perl 6. If you are thinking
of releasing a program under the Artistic License, please do
investigate other GPL-compatible, Free Software licensing options
listed here first.

    The Artistic License 2.0 is currently in a draft phase with The
Perl Foundation. FSF is in active negotations with the Perl Foundation
regarding the license, and we look forward to a result which will
benefit all users.
---

Algunos paquetes con licencia Artistic en Debian:
Estos para la FSF son no libres
Para la OSI y Debian si

http://packages.debian.org/stable/net/d4x
http://packages.debian.org/stable/mail/razor

En UTUTO teniamos el d4x y el razor en el respositorio y fue removido
por esta razon en la ultima auditoria de la FSF a nuestro repositorio.

happy hacking!!
--
Daniel Olivera (Mate.Cosido)
UTUTO - Argentina