[Solar-general] Informacion sobre gpl-cc

Diego Saravia dsa en unsa.edu.ar
Jue Ago 18 16:27:36 CEST 2005

Trasmiti la inquietud de Pablo a Hipatia y respondio JC de Martin quien es
responsable de CC en Italia, (politecnico de torino), trasmito su respuesta
luego de algun interecambio de mails

-------------------------------------
No, CC does not address software;
see, e.g., http://creativecommons.org/faq#faq_entry_3646

CC-GPL came out of CC-Brazil as a occasional
initiative to facilitate the diffusion of the GPL
(which a lot of people talk about, or even use,
without actually understanding it in its main terms).

-----------------------------
It is wrapper to the GPL.
Essentially, it adds a huma-readable summary and
machine-readable metadata.

More info here:
http://creativecommons.org/license/cc-gpl

Del FAQ de CC

Can I use a Creative Commons license for software?

CC licenses are not written for software. They should not be used for
software. We strongly encourage you to use one of the very good software
licenses available today. (The Free Software Foundation or the Open Source
Initiative stand out as resources for such licenses.) Unlike our licenses --
which do not make mention of source or object code -- these existing licenses
were designed specifically for use with software.