Re: [Solar-general] ¿se es tarán copiando de Ututo -e?

Ignacio Vissani ivissani en gmail.com
Jue Abr 21 18:57:29 CEST 2005

Creo que la última cita responde a tu pregunta

"*En 1951, **Grace Murray
Hooper*<http://www-etsi2.ugr.es/alumnos/mlii/Grace%20Hooper.htm>
* (1906-1992) da la primera noción de compilador y más tarde desarrolla el *
*COBOL* <http://www-etsi2.ugr.es/alumnos/mlii/Lenguajes.htm#COBOL>*. Pero
fue John Backus, en 1957, el que desarrolla el primer compilador para **
FORTRAN* <http://www-etsi2.ugr.es/alumnos/mlii/Lenguajes.htm#FORTRAN>*. En
1958, John MacCarthy propone el
**LISP*<http://www-etsi2.ugr.es/alumnos/mlii/Lenguajes.htm#LISP>
*, un lenguaje orientado a la realización de aplicaciones en el ámbito de la
**Inteligencia Artificial*<http://www-etsi2.ugr.es/alumnos/mlii/inteligencia.htm>
*. Casi de forma paralela, Alan Perlis, John Backus y Peter Naur desarrollan
el lenguaje **ALGOL*<http://www-etsi2.ugr.es/alumnos/mlii/Lenguajes.htm#ALGOL>
*."*

" The first C compiler writers had a variation on the
ChickenAndEggProblem<http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ChickenAndEggProblem>.
They needed to write C compilers. C made a great language for writing C
compilers. Of course, you couldn't actually *compile* your first C compiler
until you wrote a C compiler. This sounds like a paradox, but it really
wasn't. You would simply build up a compiler from a hybrid of C and
assembly, perhaps even hand assembling some of the C. As your compiler got
better, you'd eventually port more and more of the compiler to C. Eventually
you'd have a C compiler written completely in C, which could compile itself.
Each C compiler could then give birth to better C compilers. [*C evolved
from B [see BeeLanguage <http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?BeeLanguage>], which already
had a compiler written in B. However, that compiler was a rewrite of a B
compiler written in TMG, and the compiler for the implementation of TMG used
was written in an assembly language for the PDP7. I assume the assembler
ultimately derived from a 'hand-assembled' program. See
DennisRitchie<http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?DennisRitchie>'s
account at http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/who/dmr/chist.html.*]"

"

*History*

The first compiler was developed in 1952 by Grace Hopper, a pioneering
computer scientist. She said that she invented it because she was lazy and
wished that "the programmer may return to being a mathematician." She is
also well known for her important role in the development of the COBOL
programming language (which is still in widespread use for business
applications), including the development of the first COBOL compiler.

The number of compilers grew swiftly accompanying the proliferation of
programming languages and processors and the advances in compiler
technology. The 1990s saw a surge in the introduction of free compilers and
compiler development tools, including open source compilers developed as
part of the GNU <http://www.bellevuelinux.org/gnu.html> project.

The highly regarded GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) is considered by many to
be the most important piece of open source software. Formerly called the GNU
C Compiler, it now contains compilers for the C, C++, Objective C, Fortran,
Java and Ada programming languages. It has been *ported to* (i.e., modified
to run on) more processors and operating systems than any other compiler,
and it runs on in excess of 60
*platforms*<http://www.bellevuelinux.org/platform.html>(
i.e., combinations of processors and operating systems)."

"-*Which was the first compiler ? And in which language was it written in?
-**The first complier was the A-0, written by Grace Hopper. It was made from
assembly."*

On 4/21/05, Sebastian Bassi <sbassi en gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/21/05, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <buanzo en buanzo.com.ar> wrote:
> > El gcc :)
>
> Y que compilo primero el GCC? Al huevo o a la gallina?
> Mas en serio: ¿Con que se compilo el primer compilador?
> (no creo que se haya escrito en lenguaje maquina).
>
> --
> web sin popups ni spyware: Usa Firefox en lugar de Internet
> Explorer</a>

Ignacio Vissani
ivissani en gmail.com
"No todo lo que brilla es bondiola"
"Los algoritmos que olvidan su historia están condenados a repetirla"