[Solar-cd-sl-win] {Spam?} o accept Vargrave's offer;

Hannaman Bourgois accessorise at roto-art.nl
Wed Dec 30 14:38:06 CET 2009

Ou will love her as a daughter. Oh, that letter--that--that letter--I
forgot it till now--it is at the vicarage--I must go there immediately,
and you will come too,--you will advise us." "Alice, I have read the
letter,--I know all. Alice, sit down and hear me,--it is you who have to
learn from me. In our young days I was accustomed to tell you stories in
winter nights like these,--stories of love like our own, of sorrows
which, at that time, we only knew by hearsay. I have one now for your
ear, truer and sadder than they were. Two children, for they were then
little more--children in ignorance of the world, children in freshness
of heart, children almost in years--were thrown together by strange
vicissitudes, more than eighteen years ago. They were of different
sexes,--they loved and they erred. But the error was solely with the
boy; for what was innocence in her was but passion in him. He loved her
dearly; but at that age her qualities were half developed. He knew her
beautiful, simple, tender; but he knew not all the virtue, the faith,
and the nobleness that Heaven had planted in her soul. They
parted,--they knew not each other's fate. He sought her anxiously, but
in vain; and sorrow and remorse long consumed him, and her memory threw
a shadow over his existence. But again--for his love had not the exalted
holiness of hers (_she_ was true!)--he sought to ren