[soilhack-announce] SoilHack Gathering Details

Darren darren at dazinism.me
Fri Apr 20 02:12:34 CEST 2018

Regarding volunteers -

It is hoped that everyone coming will help to ensure the smooth running
of the event.  There is already a lot of good infrastructure on site
which means that set up and take down are unlikely to take more than a
day.  If you are interested in helping out with this please email us at
soilhack at mailo.com

If you can not afford the ticket price we can offer some free places.
Please email us to arrange this.

Regarding sessions -

As far as I am aware Mick has not booked a ticket or contacted us about
running a session on compost.  Related to this there is more info below
about food arrangements for the weekend.

The farmer who had offered to lead on the agroforestry plan he is
implementing on his farm has been offered a bursary to cover costs for
an agroforestry conference in Europe that starts the following day and
will no longer be attending as he cant leave his farm for so long at
such a busy time of year.

We have some more sessions being arranged - details to follow.

Regarding payment -

If you have already booked a ticket you should of just received an email
about payments.  Please check you inbox.

Regarding accommodation -

If you do not wish to camp, you are welcome to bring a camper or live-in
vehicle to stay in (please communicate this in advance). There are
multiple B&Bs, hotels and other places to stay in the local towns of
Glastonbury and Street. There is also a Youth Hostel up the road from
Compton Dundon - http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/street

Regarding food -

Meals will be provided Saturday lunch, Saturday evening, Sunday morning
and Sunday Lunch. Hot drinks will be available throughout. Please bring
any of your favourite extras if you think you will need them. Please
ensure you communicate any allergies or food preferences when booking.
If you have already booked and were not asked about this during the
booking process please let us know via email - soilhack at mailo.com

The food over the weekend will be vegan (but we promise totally
delicious). The catering is being organised by the wonderful Feed Avalon
who have  organised funding to support the event, arranged the use of
the site & the food for the weekend.  Their support for SoilHack has
been amazing.

If you have any health or access needs around food please ensure these
are communicated via the booking form (or email us if you have not been
able to do this). It is also possible to self-cater if this is
preferable for you. Unfortunately, because the site is used for vegan
courses and events, the kitchen will not be an appropriate place to
store, prepare or consume animal products.  If you communicate your
needs to us, we will do our best to organise alternative cooking
facilities . The Pub that is directly opposite the site also serves meals.