[soilhack-announce] Gathering Info

Mama Ujuaje communitycentredknowledge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 23:35:02 CEST 2018

Hi Darren,

Any word about where we will stay?

Also can you convert this below:

Mama Dee helps us get a deeper insight into our relationship with soils,
from here to the other siide of the world and back

To this below:

'Soil from the grass roots and beyond'

Thanks

Mama D (and Jocelyn)

On 15 April 2018 at 23:37, Darren <darren at dazinism.me> wrote:

> With the gathering approaching tickets are starting to sell increasingly
> quickly - if you are planning to come it would be helpful if you could
> book soon - to help us get an idea of numbers and arrange sufficient
> infrastructure.  It will also secure your place as there are limited
> tickets.
>
> We have some fliers that can be printed or shared on social media
> available for download.  Also an A4 poster.  All available to download
> from https://datengarten.allmende.io/s/PpyNgdqLRSF2mcY
>
> The weekend schedule is starting to fill up,
>
> Some details are still being hammered out, but current sessions planned
> include -
>
> Agroforestry design
>
> In this extended participatory session we explore agroforestry
> principles, the design being implemented on a 35 acre farm, digital
> tools to aid design and then create a design for the Brook End LAND site
>
> Applying new wisdom
>
> Open session where participants share ideas and experiences of adapting
> farming practices in order to make full use of our new and developing
> understandings of soil
>
> Introduction to soil microscopy
>
> Using microscopes to assess microbial life in soil, compost and compost
> teas. Practical session examining suitable equipment and techniques for
> assessment.
>
> Shumei natural agriculture
>
> Insights to the practice of natural agriculture, saving seed and how to
> grow food with no inputs
>
> The politics of soil
>
> The politics of soil- extended peer to peer facilitated session in which
> we delve deeper into the politics of soil
>
> Gardening inline with your soils and how to help and improve them
>
> Outside practical skill share , share your knowledge and/or learn
> something new
>
> Rotation for soil health
>
> A run down the soil soil health pricncipals with activities to show how
> to apply them in your rotation plans
>
> Colonisation of soils
>
> Mama Dee helps us get a deeper insight into our relationship with soils,
> from here to the other siide of the world and back
>
> Biochar stove demo
>
> Saturday evening biochar burn with presentations and discussions about
> using biochar.
>
> Make your own potting compost
>
> A practical explanation of what goes into a good seed and potting
> compost from things you can harvest yourself from your land
>
> This list will be updated on the gathering website as more sessions are
> finalised -
> https://pretix.eu/soilhack/2018/page/soilhack-gathering-2018-content/
>
> There is room for more sessions, so if you have something you would like
> to share or know someone who may be interested please do get in touch.
>
> Looking forward to it.
>
> Darren

With Earth Blessings,

Peace

Mama D Ujuaje

communitycentredknowledge.yolasite.com
Twitter: @indiegenousknow
Mobile: +447565607739
Skype: Motherwomb

'Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere' (MLK jr, deceased)