[soilhack-announce] Programme for gathering released

Darren darreno at openmailbox.org
Fri May 19 14:30:11 CEST 2017

Hiya, very last chance to book…

**Please note we close for bookings at midnight on Sunday 21st May 2017
due to limited capacity at the site and catering preparations. Please
ensure you book before this date**

Programme now online:
http://www.feedavalon.org.uk/soilhack-gathering-2017-programme/

SoilHack Gathering 2017

What: A weekend to share our passion, knowledge, and skills for building
healthy soils

When: 27  28th May 2017 (arrivals welcome Friday evening)

Where: Brook End LAND Centre, Compton Dundon  near Street and
Glastonbury in Somerset
How to book your place: Please email eat at feedavalon.org.uk

About: SoilHack is a knowledge sharing network focused on soil. It is
part of the FarmHack movement and has been born out of the need to save
what soils we have with the best information possible.

The first national SoilHack Gathering is taking place this summer at
Brook End LAND Centre just outside Street (near Glastonbury) in
Somerset. We invite you to come to contribute your experiences, share
good ideas and learn about soil regeneration. This is a DIY movement
where we collectively learn about soils and apply our learning in our
own gardens and farms. We try to bring the best research to life and
share it horizontally.

The Gathering will involve workshops led by participants with practical
experience in soil biology, biochar, agroforestry, cover cropping and
more. We will also create a space to explore how to build the SoilHack
movement in an effort to defend, repair and build soils that are
essential to life. It is a not-for-profit event with financial support
to enable access and participation. Contributions are sliding scale
between £25 - £125 for the weekend including meals and camping.

To book your place and offer a workshop please email eat at feedavalon.org.uk

Full details including flyer here:
http://www.feedavalon.org.uk/soilhack2017/

Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1835948839977901/