[soilhack-announce] Hello and soil related events

Chris Warburton-Brown research at permaculture.org.uk
Tue Jul 14 17:54:28 CEST 2015

Yes, it is relatively expensive by permaculture standards, although not
when compared to most academic conferences. We decided we wanted to put
on a 'grand event', with a prestigious central London venue, big name
keynote speakers and a high quality speaker programme with over 100
speakers. This does mean it is more expensive than past permaculture
events but it a unique event, unlikely to be repeated in the UK for many
years. We have sold 400 tickets so far so it does seem there is an
audience for this, and while I think we could easily have sold double
that if they had been a lot cheaper, it would then be a very different
sort of event. We do run biennial permaculture convergences in the UK
which are much more 'grass roots' in approach and in cost.

Best wishes,

Chris