[Pppehrserver-users] Teps of the guillotine. The mocker who would jeer at the torments of revolution,

Pizzino Cibik museum at hl1.es
Sat Mar 27 16:01:52 CET 2010

Ome portion of his bed-clothes; door after door followed

in succession along this confounded
passage, which I began to think as long as the
gallery of the lower one; at last, however, just as my heart was
sinking within me from disappointment, the handle of a lock turned,
and I found
myself inside a chamber. How was I now to proceed? for if this apartment
did not
contain any

of the people of the hotel, I had
but a sorry excuse for disturbing the repose of any traveller who might
have been more fortunate than myself
in the article of blankets. To go back
however, would be absurd, having already
taken so much trouble to find out a room that was inhabited--for that
such was the case, a short,

thick

snore assured me --so that my resolve was at once made, to waken the
sleeper, and endeavour to interest him in my destitute situation. I
accordingly approached the place where the nasal sounds seemed to issue
from, and soon reached the post of a bed. I waited for an instant, and
then began, "Monsier, voulez vous bien me permettre--" "As to short
whist, I never could make it out, so there is an end of it," said my
unknown friend, in a low, husky voice, which, strangely enough, was not
totally unfamiliar to me: but when or how I had heard it before I could
not then think. Well, thought I, he is an Eng