[Pppehrserver-ehr-general] {Spam?} E greatly disappointed by our former and present Government. Th

Boiser Grauman precoloring at mitras.co.uk
Sun Mar 21 21:31:47 CET 2010

 first interview with Count

Wrede he waited on the Emperor at St. Cloud; Napoleon coolly replied
that he could be of no service to him; that events must take their course; that he might accept or refuse the offer as he chose; that he (Bonaparte)

would place no obstacles in his way, but that he could give him no advice. It was very evident that the choice of Sweden was not very agreeable to Bonaparte, and though he afterwards disavowed any

opposition to it, he made overtures
to Stockholm, proposing that the crown of Sweden should be added to that of Denmark. Bernadotte then went to the waters of Plombieres, and
on his return to Paris he sent me a letter announcing his elevation to the rank of Prince Royal of Sweden. On the 11th of October

he arrived in Hamburg, where he stayed only three days. He passed nearly the whole of that time with me, and he communicated to me many curious facts connected with the secret history of the times, and among other things some particulars respecting
the battle of Wagram. I was the first to mention to the new Prince Royal of Sweden the reports of the doubtful manner in which the troops under his command behaved. I reminded him of Bonaparte's
dissatisfaction at these troops; for there was no doubt of the Emperor being the author of the complaints contained in the bulletins, especially as he had withdrawn

the troops from Bernadotte's command. Bernadotte assured me that Napoleon's censu