[P2P-F] Fwd: FYI: OECD Update on SMEs, Regions and Cities + 09/13 - 16 Global Social Solidarity Economy Online Conference (free, but note time zone)

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Sep 9 20:40:14 CEST 2021

The Social and Solidarity Economy Conference, 13-16 September 2021
Agenda link:
https://preview.inwink.com/social-and-solidarity-economy/eventagenda
RSVP link:
https://preview.inwink.com/social-and-solidarity-economy/registration/register

In solidarity,

- *Nurul Eusufzai*
    Co-Founder, Worker-Owner
    ChiCommons LWCA
     https://www.chicommons.coop/

Confidentiality Notice:  This email, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and delete/destroy all copies of this original message and
attachments.

---- On Tue, 07 Sep 2021 12:20:11 -0500 * CFE.News at newsletter.oecd.org
<CFE.News at newsletter.oecd.org> * wrote ----

Register now! - Social and Solidarity Economy Conference
View this email online
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/q/140LcfOTsY9vaTLHgVSXA/wv>
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/q/11Y1pRSiPx0prmGn6PeG7/sfd>

News from the OECD Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities

The Social and Solidarity Economy Conference

13-16 September 2021
[image: Follow us on Twitter]
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGIqOPD3SLd2IzQ8BcfWGLS>
[image: Meet us on LinkedIn]
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGIsRzprPlQtRFzFGwq3l3l>
[image: Join us on YouTube]
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGIwX2YdIx7m9R2JRaKgDCh>
Follow us on:
[image: Share on Twitter]
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGIyZMKBF7KNiWMgWuUnhTK> [image: Share on
Linkedin] <http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGIB2wwZBIoes2vO1P4tWbd> [image:
Share on YouTube] <http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGID5gjnyj1FB8fl79eAAsG>
The Social and Solidarity Economy:
>From the Margins to the Mainstream

Under the umbrella of the OECD’s Global Action to promote Social and
Solidarity Economy Ecosystems, supported by funding from the European
Union’s Foreign Partnership Instrument, this high-level virtual conference
will bring together hundreds of policymakers, practitioners, and experts in
the social and solidarity economy to:

>> Discuss new OECD evidence and raise awareness on the important role
social and solidarity economy organisations can play in rebuilding better

>> Learn more about policies, tools and legal frameworks, and new OECD
research, that can help support social and solidarity economy organisations
in driving the recovery as well as achieving and measuring social impact

>> Network with other international practitioners, experts and
policymakers, during interactive roundtables, breakout sessions and by
using our digital app networking features.
Register now! <http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGIF805LuTF6KdYSctoHeK9>
Opening remarks

*Monday, 13 September, 13:00 – 14:00 CET *

The OECD Secretary-General, Mathias Cormann, and European Commissioner,
Nicolas Schmit, will kick off this high-level meeting with a discussion to
raise awareness of the social and solidarity economy’s value and take it
mainstream.

This session will present the strategies that some governments are adopting
to support the social and solidarity economy, the actions that
international organisations are undertaking to raise visibility, and how
tapping into the expertise of the social economy can help policymakers
improve people’s lives, stimulate innovation, and help drive sustainable,
inclusive and resilient growth.
More about the session
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGIHaJS9ruixTjIphNyNT1C>
Building back better: the social economy as a driving force for change

*Monday, 13 September, 14:00 – 15:30 CET*

The COVID-19 pandemic has caused significant global economic and social
disruption. As our economies recover, the time is right to reflect on the
lessons of the crisis and the important role the social and solidarity
economy can play in building back better.

This session will bring together international social and solidarity
networks to envision what policy actions are needed to ensure the social
and solidarity economy contributes to recovery.
More about the session
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGIJdtExo4VZ2prWn7IUxj5>
How to make the most of legal frameworks?

*Tuesday, 14 September, 13:00 – 14:30 CET*

Countries around the world are increasingly developing legal frameworks for
the social and solidarity economy in response to its growing profile and
impact. It is important to identify the challenges, trends, opportunities
and innovative approaches that are emerging.

This session will showcase new OECD work on how to leverage the potential
of the social and solidarity economy through legal frameworks. Leading
experts, policymakers and practitioners in the field will also share their
experiences, including on strategies when explicit legal frameworks do not
exist.
More about the session
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGILgdqVkFzqbvbtsrT1bAy>
Raising visibility post-COVID: lessons learnt

*Tuesday, 14 September, 14:45 – 15:45 CET*

Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, many social and solidarity economy actors
emerged as important drivers of resilience and inclusiveness. Building on
their success, there is an opportunity for policymakers to raise the
visibility of the social and solidarity economy and mainstream the good
practices it promotes.

During this session, policymakers and inspiring practitioners from around
the world will discuss the lessons learnt from the crisis and provide
suggestions on how to raise visibility going forward.
More about the session
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGINiXdjhgcRkAV0xM37PS1>
Partnering with peers for change

*Wednesday, 15 September, 13:00 – 14:30 CET*

Peer learning is a powerful way to stimulate collective thinking and
develop innovative solutions to the social and environmental challenges we
now face. As part of the OECD Global Action, Peer-learning Partnerships
have been set up to promote knowledge exchange and experience sharing on
policies and practices for social and solidarity economy development.

During this session, the six Global Action Peer-learning Partnerships will
present the work they have conducted so far and share lessons learnt,
challenges and success factors to support and stimulate social and
solidarity economy development.
More about the session
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGIPlGZHdQQitGExD6deu9u>
Mainstreaming gender equality in the social and solidarity economy

*Wednesday, 15 September, 14:45 – 15:45 CET*

The drive for gender equality in social and solidarity economy
organisations is strong, and in some countries, women make up more than 60%
of the workforce in the field. While women play many leadership roles, more
could be done for gender parity.

How can policymakers help remove the barriers preventing women from
accessing social and solidarity economy leadership roles? What measures can
be taken to give women social entrepreneurs greater access to finance and
resources? How can better data help policy-making unleash the full
potential of social economy women leaders?

Inspiring international practitioners will lead a session on how to ensure
equal opportunity for women in the social and solidarity economy.
More about the session
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGITrayt727aLS7BNKxrMIq>
Promoting the internationalisation of the social and solidarity economy

*Wednesday, 15 September, 14:45 – 15:45 CET*

Internationalisation is a common strategy for social and solidarity economy
organisations to scale and therefore increase their social impact. However,
while internationalisation strategies differ, there are some common
challenges preventing those who want to internationalise from doing so.
Barriers include insufficient financing, a need for more management skills,
and a lack of knowledge about internationalisation strategies, among
others.

During this session, practitioners will discuss challenges and key success
factors to promote the internationalisation of social and solidarity
economy organisations.
More about the session
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGIVtUkR3CKBUXR8T4HyqZT>
Social impact measurement: friend or foe?

*Thursday, 16 September, 13:00 – 14:30 CET*

Social and solidarity economy organisations are under increasing pressure
to demonstrate their social and wellbeing outcomes. Still, the lack of a
clear and agreed definition of social value creation makes it difficult to
translate social value into meaningful practices for measuring, managing
and reporting impact.

This session will showcase new OECD work in the field and discuss with
leading experts and practitioners how to ensure effective social impact
measurement for the social and solidarity economy.
More about the session
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGIXwE7f0do343AFYoRF5hm>
Charting the way forward: mainstreaming the social and solidarity economy

*Thursday, 16 September, 14:30 – 15:15 CET*

Mainstreaming the social economy means both recognising its role as a full
economic agent of systemic change and innovation, and expanding and
multiplying its social impact for the benefit of the whole society.
Building back better implies injecting more social responsibility into the
economic sphere. Social economy organisations can inspire new business
models to include more responsible practices and behaviours.

This session will chart the way forward for sustained support of social and
solidarity economy development by looking at what countries can do to bring
it to the next level, and how the OECD can support this shift.
More about the session
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGIZznTCWO1ud9kd3J1LJyP>
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGJ1C7G0ToEVmf3K93bSnQi>Was this newsletter
forwarded to you?
Sign-up here to receive it in your inbox!
<http://newsletter.oecd.org/c/13AGJ3ERsoPZimvkNhenlZ27L>
OECD © 2021, All rights reserved.

Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
2 rue André-Pascal, 75775 Paris Cedex 16, France

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/