[P2P-F] Fwd: Please Help Michael Albert's new Podcast, RevolutionZ

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 15:50:24 CEST 2019

From: Michael Albert <sysop at zmag.org>
Date: Mon, May 27, 2019 at 1:49 PM
Subject: Please Help Michael Albert's new Podcast, RevolutionZ
To: Anthony Arnove <arnove at mac.com>, Ben Bagdikian <
Cc: Dean Baker <dean.baker1 at verizon.net>, Benat Belfast <
suman5ban at yahoo.com>, Stanley Aronowitz <saronowitz at igc.org>, Bob Barr <
barrph at class.org>, Jessica Azulay <jessica at disconnection.org>, Radhika
Balakra <rbalakra at igc.org>, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>, Omar
Barghouti <omar.barghouti at gmail.com>, David Bacon <dbacon at igc.apc.org>,
Sysop at zmag.org <Sysop at zmag.org>, balkanozapatista at gmail.com <
balkanozapatista at gmail.com>, Rosalyn Baxandal <ROSYBAX at aol.com>, George
Bachrach <gbachrac at sharegroup.com>

Hello,

I am writing everyone in my address book, almost exactly 1,000 people,
because I am initiating a Podcast called RevolutionZ: Life After Capitalism
<https://zcomm.org/revolutionz/>. I figure since I have your email address,
you at least know my history and views so who better to turn to?
In the words of Lennon and McCartney:

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round
Help me get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me?

A podcast is a leap for me. My nephew recommended that I do one a few years
ago and I barely knew what he was talking about. Since then, things have
changed for me and podcasting.

Without going into details, family health issues have left me seeking a way
to be supportive, generate badly needed income, and simultaneously stay
politically productive. Meanwhile, podcasting has become incredibly
popular, technically manageable, able to generate income, and politically
relevant.

RevolutionZ starts with one audio episode a week. With sufficient help, I
will add a second and third each week, and also video.

In the first episode each week I will address something topical, cultural,
or activist, and quickly move the discussion from analysis to vision and
strategy. In the second, a guest will discuss his or her areas of
expertise. In the third, I and the week’s guest will address
supporter-submitted questions and comments.

Generating useful content is seriously daunting, but as in most media
endeavors, the biggest hurdle will be creating sufficient early momentum to
justify first visitors following and supporting the podcast. I hope you
will give me a leg up on that hardest hurdle.

Will you click one or more of the links below, listen to some of the
material, and even send me some advice on improving RevolutionZ? Will you
use the links to follow the podcast? Will you pledge a monthly donation by
becoming a patron via the website Patreon
<https://www.patreon.com/revolutionZ>?

While gearing up to do RevolutionZ, I am also seeking to sell the house I
am writing this letter from to garner revenues for the health needs
mentioned above. To do the podcast is of course a political project, but
this time it also seeks income to help address serious personal needs. In
short, I can’t do RevolutionZ without a reasonable living situation, time,
peace of mind, and resources for costs, all of which now require “a little
help from my friends.”

So I am asking you to please consider making a monthly pledge by becoming a
patron and following RevolutionZ, I would profoundly appreciate it. Flip a
coin. Heads you become a Patron, Tails you don’t. RevolutionZ is fully
funded! I am stable. Don’t bother with the coin, just become a Patron.
RevolutionZ has funds to grow and diversify, I am comfortable. That’s the
situation.

Please do let me know at sysop at zmag.org your reactions to the idea of
RevolutionZ and I thank you in advance for any support you can provide.

You can access and then relate to RevolutionZ by various paths:

Use RevolutionZ’s Patreon Page <https://www.patreon.com/revolutionZ> where
you can pledge some much needed material aid and enjoy related benefits.

Use RevolutionZ’s Server Host Page <http://revolutionz.buzzsprout.com/> which
includes episodes and transcripts of episodes.

Use RevolutionZ’s Own ZNet Hosted Website <https://zcomm.org/revolutionz/> that
has instructions for all modes of access and includes transcripts.

Use RevolutionZ’s RSS feed <https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/330161.rss> with
any EReader.

Listen anywhere with Apple’s Podcast App
<https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/revolutionz/id1465163691> which
comes free with all mobile Apple hardware.

Listen on Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/6lGvEAmn9yU6RhhMvyMB8n> with
a browser or get their App to listen from your mobile device.

Listen on Stitcher
<https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/michael-albert/michhael-albert?refid=stpr>
with
a browser or get their App to listen from your mobile device.

I thank you again for your time, advice, and, I hope, help…

Michael Albert