[P2P-F] an update on important publications by the P2P Foundation

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 16:36:27 CET 2019

I completely disagree with this assessment, and it would have to be
documented where that is the case ...

there has never been a great singularity in our work,

we also worked with existing prefigurative seed forms and how to integrate
them to achieve more radical structure-changing outcomes and always thought
socio-technical infrastructures are part of that change,

we never conflate price with value for example, it's simply not in there ;
actually, I don't even think we talk about price in that report; we argue
for value sovereignty, multiple streams of value, coins that represents
resource volumes (no price representing market value etc.. ) ; we are in
favour of keeping the commons free of exchange value (while documenting
those that think and practice differently), talk about non-financialized
thermo-dynamic accounting etc ...

for each of your points, I could argue similarly, i.e. we are not
objectivist but integral, the research method of the p2p lab is
action-research based, we stress everywhere that technology is not a
solution but a function of the communal and societal values, and the
behaviorist tone is about reporting what techno-libertarians are doing and
how we could do it differently (but yes, incentives do matter in driving
human behaviour)

so I'm not a psycho-therapist either, but it sounds a lot like projection,
.i.e. someone reading lots of things in the text that there simply not
there,

dear Stacco,

in another email, James asks to be removed from this mailing list and I'm
assuming he means 'visioning', so thanks for obliging,

Michel