[P2P-F] an update on important publications by the P2P Foundation

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 13:37:34 CET 2019

We have several things cooking at the P2P Foundation which is aligned with
your work!

The first is an english book (being translated in Korean, and perhaps also
in French soon), that summarizes our work in the last ten years, in look at
how productive commons-based communities engage with generative market
forms, and with facilitating public authorities, both at the micro-level,
as actual practice, and how that let's us imagine a reformed civilization
that can deal with social justice and ecological balance,

See
https://www.commonslabantwerpen.org/activiteiten/2019/3/4/michel-bauwens-vasilis-kostakis-amp-alex-pazaitis-p2p-foundation-nbspbook-launch-peer-to-peer-the-commons-manifesto-university-of-westminster-press,
for our official launch in London on 21/3 (launch in Ghent on 23/3)

Our other great project is the one you contributed to finding funding. In
essence, it takes the donut of Kate Raworth, and seeks a concrete
instantiation of it by presenting a configuration of socio-technical
systems that can be both socially predistributive (equity embedded through
contributive accounting) and ecologically stable (in the context of course,
of destabilizing climate change).

It won't be published officially before mid-May but the final text and
graphs are ready in google doc,

see here for a summary and links to the google docs:
https://wiki.p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Accounting_for_Planetary_Survival

Finally, I am 'list-pusher' for the European elections as MEP for the
flemish Greens. While it is in principle a un-electable position, I see it
as a opportunity for bringing the commons message and solution-space across
a wider audience.

I'm hoping to get a bit more of dedicated attention to our work, and any
assistance would be appreciated

Michel Bauwens