[P2P-F] Fwd: Call for Essays and other Works | Rising Earth Consciousness

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Jan 16 12:20:59 CET 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kosmos Journal <info at kosmosjournal.org>
Date: Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 2:00 PM
Subject: Call for Essays and other Works | Rising Earth Consciousness
To: michel <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

Click here
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=5e31892629&e=1714399d97>
to read this newsletter on our website.
[image: Kosmos Community Newsletter]
Call for Essays and other Works | Rising Earth Consciousness January 15th,
2019 [image: EarthNewConsciousness.jpg]

Dear Reader,

*World Interfaith Harmony Week* is coming up. It’s a reminder that, in many
ways, the world’s spiritual traditions may be our greatest hope for
realizing our essential unity and healing our planet. Yes, I realize that
‘religion’ has often been used to divide us, and that religious extremism
is to blame for numerous atrocities. But that kind of gross corruption
should not be confused in any way with the spirituality of goodwill that
the great majority of humanity embraces. We have far more in common – our
feelings of deep connection toward each other and with the universe – than
that which divides us.

Spiritual institutions, congregations, foundations and coalitions have vast
organizational and physical infrastructure worldwide that can be activated
for common purpose – to uphold human rights and promote social justice, for
example – and to perform community service and Earthwork at the hyper-local
level. This is why we at *Kosmos* feel it is so important to practice with
a spiritual community, be it religious, secular, indigenous, or other
cooperative way.

Learn more about *World Interfaith Harmony Week* below, and contemplate how
the combined energy of goodwill can manifest the preferred futures our
hearts so ardently long for.
Kosmos Quarterly Call for Essays and Other Works | Rising Earth
Consciousness

Our *Kosmos Quarterly* Spring theme is focused on Earth and her wonders,
with a deep awareness of the harm human activity is causing. How will the
next chapter of our human story unfold, and how do our practices and
personal relationships with the *living Earth* help guide that
future? Could an elevated collective consciousness literally save our Home?

While there is a growing consciousness *about* the Earth, some suggest the
Earth is also increasingly *aware of us* and communicating her
pain. Animals, plants and minerals are members of the planetary family, in
distress. What are the *rights of Nature, *and how do we cope with our
grief, fear and anger about species loss, ecosystem destruction, and
climate change?

We invite you to submit an essay up to 1000 words, a poem, or other
artwork, in response to any of these prompts or what *Rising Earth
Consciousness* means to you. We will choose several works to publish in our
*Quarterly* and on our website.

*Deadline: February 15, 2019 | Use our Submission Form
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=2774aa26c8&e=1714399d97>
for written works. For all other media, contact info at kosmosjournal.org
<info at kosmosjournal.org> directly, with the subject line: Submission
Inquiry. **Before you submit, please take a look at our guidelines
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=41b999c629&e=1714399d97>.*
In the Light | World Interfaith Harmony Week: 2/1-7

In 2010, King Abdullah II of Jordan proposed a *World Interfaith Harmony
Week* at the Plenary Session of the 65th United Nations General
Assembly in New York City. In the speech King Abdullah said:
*“The fact is, humanity everywhere is bound together, not only by mutual
interests, but by shared commandments to love God and neighbour; to love
the good and neighbour. …What we are proposing is a special week, during
which the world’s people, in their own places of worship, could express the
teachings of their own faith about tolerance, respect for the other and
peace.” *

The *World Interfaith Harmony Week* provides a platform—the first week of
February—when all interfaith groups and other groups of goodwill can show
the world what a powerful movement they are.

*Plan Your Event. You Might Win a Prize!*

The Royal Aal Al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought in Jordan established
the *World Interfaith Harmony Week* Prize
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=d4473c2866&e=1714399d97>
in 2013 to recognize the three events which best promote the goals of *World
Interfaith Harmony Week*. Prizes are awarded to each event that is judged
to have been most successful in promoting interfaith harmony and impacting
religious understanding.

To enter the prize:

   - the event must be held between the given dates (usually the last
   weekend of January and the first weekend of March)
   - the Event submitted on the WIHW website (see HERE
   <https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=54ddca10dc&e=1714399d97>
   )
   - an Event Report submitted (see HERE
   <https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=eaa0153e3b&e=1714399d97>
for
   last year’s Reports and HERE
   <https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=6947e6547e&e=1714399d97>
for
   what they should contain)

If this is your first *WIHW,* it is suggested that you gather with fellow
lovers of harmony nearby and plan just one simple event. Don’t worry about
making a big splash this year; a simple breakfast or dialogue is a great
first step. *Click here for more great ideas.*
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=a6424e2054&e=1714399d97>
New *Kosmos Quarterly* releases, thanks to our generous Subscribers

*Playing for Change, by Kari Auerbach*

*Evolving Toward Cooperation*, by Kurt Johnson

*Toward a Global Ethic*, by Dr. Hans Küng, et al
World Harmony | Playing for Change

By Kari Auerbach
Kosmos Quarterly | Winter Edition

“The idea for this project arose from a common belief that music has the
power to break down boundaries and overcome distances between people. No
matter whether people come from different geographic, political, economic,
spiritual or ideological backgrounds, music had the universal power to
transcend and unite us as one human race. And with this truth firmly fixed
in our minds, we set out to share it with the world.”
READ MORE →
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=bfdfdfb572&e=1714399d97>
Evolving Toward Cooperation | David Sloan Wilson’s New Evolutionary Biology

By Kurt Johnson
Kosmos Quarterly | Winter Edition

“This vision, now resonating strongly across the world’s interfaith
community—and particularly in an emerging Interspiritual movement—is
identified by many as a ‘spirituality of the Heart,’ and one reflecting the
emergence of a new global ‘unity consciousness.’ …Some spiritual and
religious leaders see a “divine purpose” at work, some even considering it
the ‘spiritual perfection’ of our species.”
READ MORE →
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=50f4850e60&e=1714399d97>
Toward a Global Ethic

By Dr. Hans Küng, et al
Kosmos Quarterly | Winter Edition

Toward a Global Ethic: An Initial Declaration was prepared to establish a
shared ethical framework for all peoples across religious lines. It was
drafted by Dr. Hans Küng with input from nearly 200 scholars representing
many world religions and presented to the Parliament of the World’s
Religions in Chicago in September 1993.
READ MORE →
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=125f1a1f95&e=1714399d97>
Subscribe to Kosmos Quarterly

When you subscribe to the new Kosmos Quarterly, you receive a great
e-journal and much more.
SUBSCRIBE
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=24f17e5af1&e=1714399d97>

This email was sent to michel at p2pfoundation.net
*why did I get this?*
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/about?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ae1ddf5599&e=1714399d97&c=e6ee71c3ea>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ae1ddf5599&e=1714399d97&c=e6ee71c3ea>
    update subscription preferences
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ae1ddf5599&e=1714399d97>
Kosmos Associates · PO Box 2102 · Lenox, MA 01240 · USA

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/