[P2P-F] Fwd: Help write the story of us

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Dec 21 12:19:14 CET 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Neal from Shareable <neal at shareable.net>
Date: Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 9:01 PM
Subject: Help write the story of us
To: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

If you’re a believer in people power like we are, if you want to change the
story with us.
View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/shareable/weekly-newsletter-11-20-2284939?e=785614fc16>

Dear Michel,

By the end of 2019, Shareable will have published four, yes four, e-books
of up to 170 pages each. Each topic was chosen carefully for the
opportunity it presented to challenge the dominant narratives that are
guiding society down the wrong paths.

With climate change and extreme wealth inequality shaking our world, it’s
critical that we create a new story together that puts sharing and
cooperation at the center of our imaginations and lives.
<https://shareable.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9a850b8fb9f84ddaf1fc2f8dd&id=dec7e8217f&e=785614fc16>

For instance, we started off the year with an e-book on the loneliness
epidemic, arguing that it’s not just a public health problem, it’s a threat
to the integrity of society. Sharing can help re-weave the social fabric.

Next we focused on community response to disaster. We pointed out that
those affected aren’t just victims, but are often part of a heroic shared
effort to recover and rebuild on a new, more resilient basis.

Another highlight was our in-depth exploration of U.S. land use and housing
policy where we explored how racism shaped the housing crisis and how that
history should inform solutions to it.

We’re topping off the year with an e-book on waste reduction reframing it
as a challenge that communities can and must tackle too, not just industry.

What I hope you see in our work is a fierce commitment to the idea that
ordinary people are powerful. That you can change your circumstances for
the better with neighbors starting today. This is social change that’s one
door knock away. This is Shareable’s story of us.

Shareable challenges the idea that change only comes from powerful
individuals, organizations, and governments. We show with our solutions
journalism that people-powered solutions not only work, but their impacts
add up mightily.

If you’re a believer in people power like we are, if you want to change the
story with us, if you want more of what we did this year in 2020, then
please support our work with a donation.
<https://shareable.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9a850b8fb9f84ddaf1fc2f8dd&id=d31fdadd2a&e=785614fc16>

If you need a tiny nudge to donate, we have a special offer right this way.
If you begin a recurring donation of any amount or give a one-time donation
of $50 or more by the end of the year, we’ll send you five books! Yes, FIVE
books.

We’ll email you a link where you can download all four of Shareable’s 2019
ebooks. AND, we’ll snail mail you a hardback copy of “Team Human” by
acclaimed media theorist Douglas Rushkoff, a long-time ally who donated 250
books for Shareable donors.
DONATE TO SHAREABLE TODAY
<https://shareable.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9a850b8fb9f84ddaf1fc2f8dd&id=3a7d73a0e9&e=785614fc16>

Please come along with us in 2020. To the story of us,

Neal Gorenflo
Executive Director
Shareable

This email was sent to michel at p2pfoundation.net
*why did I get this?*
<https://shareable.us7.list-manage.com/about?u=9a850b8fb9f84ddaf1fc2f8dd&id=40157dff3e&e=785614fc16&c=4cf54ca9b5>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://shareable.us7.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=9a850b8fb9f84ddaf1fc2f8dd&id=40157dff3e&e=785614fc16&c=4cf54ca9b5>
    update subscription preferences
<https://shareable.us7.list-manage.com/profile?u=9a850b8fb9f84ddaf1fc2f8dd&id=40157dff3e&e=785614fc16>
Shareable · 487 Central Ave · Mountain View, CA 94043-4859 · USA

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/