[P2P-F] Fwd: Intro + Call for Participation re:publica 2019

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Nov 23 17:48:24 CET 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Sandra Mamitzsch <sandra.mamitzsch at re-publica.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 1:17 PM
Subject: Intro + Call for Participation re:publica 2019
To: <distributed-design-market-platform---ddmp at googlegroups.com>

Dear all,

I'm happy to be part of this group and want to quickly introduce myself and
send you the Call for Participation of our main event – re:publica 2019 in
Berlin. Deadline: 16 December 2018

With 10.000 unique visitors, 600 speakers and 18 parallel stages,
re:publica is a very diverse experience – having a huge social +
traditional media outreach in Germany. If you don't know the festival yet,
here you'll find a first impression video:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5yMlj5WtY>
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5yMlj5WtY>

If you have an idea for an one hour hands-on workshop, for an
action/installation, for a stage talk/panel or for a potential keynote
speaker, please let me know.

A few words about me: I'm newly in charge of the makerspace at re:publica,
coordinating a content team to create the programme and managing our
partnerships. I was programme director at re:publica from 2012-2017, and
since 2018 take care of a few special and emerging projects.

Since January 2018 I am project lead at the non-profit Global Innovation
Gathering for the Careables/Made4You EU Horizon project, the Open Hardware
platform for everything health+care. So I guess there will be a few
synergies given also the overlap in project partners :)

In my non-work-life I help a 2-year-old discover the world and try to find
the time to volunteer with “European Digital Rights” (EDRi) where I'm an
observer since 2011. You can usually meet me at events like Chaos
Communication Congress, in a video call or on playgrounds in Berlin.

+++ And here the full text for the re:publica CfP that you can also forward
to anyone who you think would be interested +++

It's time again! *The Call for Participation (CfP) for the 13th re:publica
in Berlin has started*. We call on everyone to participate and would be
happy if you as part of DDMP contribute to the programme.

On three days, from *6-8 May 2019*, more than 10,000 people will meet again
in the *STATION Berlin* to exchange ideas, to get to know new topics and to
discuss the challenges our digital society faces, as well as finding
potential solutions together.

re:publica is more than just a conference: there are exciting lectures and
panels, practical workshops, art installations, a maker space as well as an
evening and party programme - this makes re:publica a true *festival for
the digital society*.
*Call for Participation*

The re:publica programme is largely composed of contributions from the
community. *Everyone can participate* and contribute to the *programme of
#rp19*.

We invite you to participate in the *Call for Participation
<https://19.re-publica.com/en/page/general-information>*: We are looking
for lectures, panels, workshops, installations, exhibitions, and
performances on how digitalization is changing society. All you need to do
is fill out our *online form*. You can find further information about the
application *here
<https://19.re-publica.com/en/page/how-cfp-taking-part-tldr>*, in the *FAQs
<https://19.re-publica.com/en/faq>* and in the *Session Guidelines
<https://19.re-publica.com/en/page/session-guidlines>*.

*>>> The CfP ends on December 16, 2019 (11:59 pm CET). <<<*
*Topics*

We are looking for content that critically reflects the challenges and
opportunities of digital transformation. An overview and description of the
#rp19 conference tracks can be found on our *website
<https://19.re-publica.com/en/tracks-topics>*. Be inspired by this
year's *motto
tl;dr <https://19.re-publica.com/en/page/tldr>*. Take a look at the *programme
of re:publica 2018 <https://18.re-publica.com/en/schedule?day=2018-05-02>*
and browse the recordings of past sessions on our *YouTube channel
<https://www.youtube.com/user/republica2010/>*.
*Spread the word!*

We would be very grateful if you could *forward this invitation* to anyone
you think should share their knowledge with the re:publica community. We
have prepared a sample text for various social media channels:

*The #CallForParticipation for the 13th @republica in Berlin has started!
You can submit your #rp19 idea around anything Digital Society until 16
December: https://19.re-publica.com/en/page/general-information
<https://19.re-publica.com/en/page/general-information> *

Do you have ideas and suggestions for speakers or topics for the #rp19?
Then email the programme team (*programme at re-publica.com
<programme at re-publica.com>*).

*We would be delighted if you and your communities could take part in the
debate and enrich re:publica 2019 with your ideas.*

If you know organisations that would be interested in a cooperation with
re:publica, you can contact our partner management via *partner at re-publica.com
<partner at re-publica.com>*. We look forward to hearing from you.

--
Sandra Mamitzsch

e: sandra.mamitzsch at re-publica.com
www.re-publica.com www.facebook.com/republica | www.twitter.com/republica

re:publica – The most inspiring festival for the digital society
See you in
Berlin: 6-8 May 2019
Accra: 14-15 December 2018

WE'VE MOVED! NEW ADDRESS:
republica GmbH | Crellestraße 12 | 10827 Berlin
HRB 137440 B | AG Berlin-Charlottenburg | CEO: Andreas Gebhard

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/distributed-design-market-platform---ddmp/8140780d-9ae2-6406-1405-1ac23cec822e%40re-publica.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/distributed-design-market-platform---ddmp/8140780d-9ae2-6406-1405-1ac23cec822e%40re-publica.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/