[P2P-F] Fwd: Ways To Help Fire Victims In California

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 02:14:14 CET 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Neal Gorenflo, Shareable <info at shareable.net>
Date: Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 12:00 AM
Subject: Ways To Help Fire Victims In California
To: Michael Bouwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

<https://www.sharingcities.net/r?u=PhRuiz4x_CuV-VTdUGsue13cPnOdv3cMWgT-yA4GpmA&e=ceceb67696e2ef7bae91b06758c2cd2a&utm_source=shareable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11_14_18email&n=1>

Dear Michael,

Over the past few weeks we've been sharing ways for you to support
Shareable's work, but right now we feel the need to pause our regularly
scheduled fundraising efforts. So many members of our community — including
friends and family of our staff — have been directly affected in recent
months by natural disasters. From Hurricanes Florence and Michael in the
southeastern U.S., to the Camp and Woolsey Fires still burning in
California, our people are reeling from the devastation.

The fires in California are hitting particularly close to home for our team
this week since they are within hours of Shareable's headquarters in the
San Francisco Bay Area. The gigantic toxic cloud over our region from the
devastating wildfires is a powerful reminder that our neighbors are
suffering from lost family members, homes, and even whole towns. We'd like
to direct some of the amazing energy and good will from our community to
those who need it most.

Please consider supporting one of the many relief efforts organized by the
groups below:

   - California Community Foundation, Wildfire Relief Fund
   <https://www.sharingcities.net/r?u=aJX_eBq6zI2B_hi_Oynnxf_mJ-Ra14FkGd49jvUyUoqwSKRlBS4D7vW02HBJI6MO&e=ceceb67696e2ef7bae91b06758c2cd2a&utm_source=shareable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11_14_18email&n=2>
   - North Valley Community Foundation, Camp Fire Relief
   <https://www.sharingcities.net/r?u=01FzXJVLjitpjVXjUgfJQZC6x9LiZ9dffyVCo6HSIDI&e=ceceb67696e2ef7bae91b06758c2cd2a&utm_source=shareable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11_14_18email&n=3>

In recent years, we've also reported on the incredible ways that
communities have come together to bounce back from things like hurricanes
and fires, and we believe that the communities affected in recent months
will be able to do the same. Here are some examples that may give you some
hope for a positive recovery to come:

   - Resources for Community Resilience and Collective Disaster Response
   <https://www.sharingcities.net/r?u=PhRuiz4x_CuV-VTdUGsue5yzTfgUeFqxBGTptDhz1arXyXtCY-XhaSzYn2aMTtxsy6axxDqf-GXrkrRyxKWQH9hWBsaxIdGwsiCsCfaJ4xPqFnw3PBEUiQF1-Ho9stlg&e=ceceb67696e2ef7bae91b06758c2cd2a&utm_source=shareable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11_14_18email&n=4>
    (Please add any resources you may know of.
   <https://www.sharingcities.net/r?u=PhRuiz4x_CuV-VTdUGsue5yzTfgUeFqxBGTptDhz1arXyXtCY-XhaSzYn2aMTtxsy6axxDqf-GXrkrRyxKWQH9hWBsaxIdGwsiCsCfaJ4xPqFnw3PBEUiQF1-Ho9stlg&e=ceceb67696e2ef7bae91b06758c2cd2a&utm_source=shareable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11_14_18email&n=5>
   )
   - Disaster collectivism: How communities rise together to respond to
   crises
   <https://www.sharingcities.net/r?u=PhRuiz4x_CuV-VTdUGsue6lu3oIsZzNZcgItAPgGj5WavGsp4GdXeuF3wfiZnILylTcQIchV8kc2pV0IHvIgcLHA3k6SBHeQ-AwXKGgCvI11rC-nZZILJtfn7WWNJVRABI1KcSSG_lpKsJI0pmtygQ&e=ceceb67696e2ef7bae91b06758c2cd2a&utm_source=shareable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11_14_18email&n=6>
   - The Response Podcast
   <https://www.sharingcities.net/r?u=PhRuiz4x_CuV-VTdUGsuezDsbGj-rCyWy4YcIBHNuNloS9rCd5ANxlAd9OL1MVnt&e=ceceb67696e2ef7bae91b06758c2cd2a&utm_source=shareable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11_14_18email&n=7>

With gratitude,

Team Shareable

Neal, Ambika, Tom, Joslyn and Courtney

Shareable · 487 Central Ave, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States
This email was sent to michelsub2004 at gmail.com. To stop receiving emails, click
here
<http://www.sharingcities.net/unsubscribe?e=ceceb67696e2ef7bae91b06758c2cd2a&utm_source=shareable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11_14_18email&n=8>.

Created with NationBuilder