[P2P-F] Fwd: Cabot's Ecologies of Participation [important new book]

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Jul 11 05:44:00 CEST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jorge Ferrer <jorgeferrer2012 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 7:20 PM
Subject: Cabot's Ecologies of Participation [important new book]
To: Jorge Ferrer <jferrer at ciis.edu>

Dear friends and colleagues,

I rarely ever send e-blasts with books recommendations, but I truly believe
this one is an extraordinary one you may want to read and have in your
personal Library. For more information, go to the link below. No need to
respond to this message.

OUT NOW!

Ecologies of Participation: Agents, Shamans, Mystics, and Diviners
<https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781498568159/Ecologies-of-Participation-Agents-Shamans-Mystics-and-Diviners>

 “*Ecologies of Participation: Agents, Shamans, Mystics, and Diviners *is
impossible to capture in some neat established academic sound-bite, mostly
because its multiple claims are all quite impossible—impossible, that is,
within our present Western and colonized ways of speaking, thinking, and
being. If we can imagine ourselves outside or after that framework, we
might say that the book, like its author, is a shaman, and a diviner, and a
traveler among worlds, including future worlds. The vision of the human
(and nonhuman) that emerges through these words and worlds is unabashedly
global, comparative, moral, and magical. Here is a weird and wonderful book
in which everything is alive and even the stones tell stories. Really.”

—*Jeffrey J. Kripal*, Rice University

*“*This is a revolutionary book that combines the sensibilities of the
scholar and the shaman. It boldly challenges us to entertain the
feasibility of ontologically thick multiple worlds in creatively enriching
and eco-sensitive ways. Engaging the works of authors as diverse as Alfred
North Whitehead, Eduardo Viveiros de Castro, and Jeffrey J. Kripal,*
Ecologies of Participation* demonstrates the fruitfulness of genuinely
transdisciplinary, decolonial thinking in casting new light on an
impressive array of philosophical and cross-cultural dilemmas. Cabot’s
invitation to inhabit multiple ecologies is as timely as it is essential
for our unprecedentedly planetary times.”

—*Jorge N. Ferrer, *California Institute of Integral Studies

 “A joyful, verve-driven contribution to the conversation about the role of
ontological difference in getting a handle on what used to be called
cultural diversity. Impressive in its scope and ambition, this book takes
the whole debate about ontology in the humanities and social sciences to
places it has never been before.”

—*Martin Holbraad*, University College London

Special 30% discount offer!

To get discount, use code *LEX30AUTH18 *when ordering.
<https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781498568159/Ecologies-of-Participation-Agents-Shamans-Mystics-and-Diviners>

Warmly,

Jorge

--