[P2P-F] class analysis of the token economy, part 2

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Jan 12 12:40:40 CET 2018

Tokens as a Model for Community Acquisition
<https://wiki.p2pfoundation.net/index.php?title=Tokens_as_a_Model_for_Community_Acquisition&action=edit&redlink=1>
[edit
<https://wiki.p2pfoundation.net/index.php?title=Bancor&action=edit&section=3>
]

Chance Barnett:

"In this way, a token sale represents a new model of crowdsourcing or
crowdfunding, where the line between buyers and customers are blurred.

As an example, imagine if 1,000 new participants sign up and buy tokens in
an ICO. This not only provides funding for futher development and
expansion, it also jumpstarts the underlying service with a community of
users as token holders. One example of this was the Bancor ICO, which took
in over $153M at the time, while the sale also resulted in thousands of
token-buyers. These early and first buyers of the Bancor token are the most
likely future users and adopters of the core protocol and services that
Bancor provides.

"We had one of the largest bounty programs in history with thousands of
active participants working towards the success of the token launch,
directly through our software's alpha demo," Galia Benartzi, CoFounder and
VP of Business Development at Bancor explained.

"While we ourselves were a small team, we had ambassadors all over the
world translating, explaining and creating great content about the Bancor
protocol. These contributors remain more motivated than ever to see the
project succeed, as they own a piece of the open source network via their
tokens. Rather than paying marketing or PR firms, we can share these
resources directly with end-users in a distributed and still orchestrated
way. The reach is a step function larger and also feels much more
authentically aligned. This is inline with blockchain's promise to
decentralize every aspect of business, including growth itself." (
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chancebarnett/2017/09/23/inside-the-meteoric-rise-of-icos/#2e010b515670
)

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/