[P2P-F] Fwd: Symbiotic Earth - Australian Premiere on Thursday 3 May 2018 from 6:45pm at Melbourne School of Design, University of Melbourne

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:19:18 CEST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daryl Taylor <taylor.daryl.r at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 9:53 PM
Subject: Symbiotic Earth - Australian Premiere on Thursday 3 May 2018 from
6:45pm at Melbourne School of Design, University of Melbourne
To: Daryl Taylor <taylor.daryl.r at gmail.com>

*‘**This splendid film gives us insights into Lynn Margulis’ prolific
career; and into the woman, whose vitality explodes across the screen with
the force of a slow-motion supernova. I was by no means the only person who
came away feeling I’d just witnessed a fifth force of nature.’  ~  **Science
writer Margaret Wertheim*

*Hi Everyone*
The Thrive Research Hub and BioCultural Futures are excited to be hosting
the Australian Premiere of *Symbiotic Earth *from 6:45pm on Thursday 3 May
2018 in the spacious Basement Theatre of the iconic Melbourne School of
Design at the University of Melbourne.
Please come along and please also invite your friends, family and
colleagues, as this stunning biopic of the extraordinary woman who single
handedly revolutionised our understanding of life and living systems, is
not to be missed.
We have made the event *free* to encourage greater participation. Please
circulate via your email groups and social media networks.
Book your seats on-line at Trybooking: https://www.trybooking.com/boo
k/event?eid=368420&
The *Symbiotic Earth* *Press Release* is attached below for distribution.
Thank you in advance for your assistance in helping us promote this event
and Lynn Margulis' revolutionary understanding of who we are and how we
came into being.
*Cheers, Daryl*

*Symbiotic Earth* - Australian Premiere - *Free Screening *on * Thursday 3
May 2018* from *6:45pm* at Melbourne School of Design, University of
Melbourne - book tickets at https://www.trybooking.com/boo
k/event?eid=368420&

*Read Science writer Margaret Wertheim’s preview screening review at: *
*https://www.margaretwertheim.com/new-blog/2017/9/4/symbiotic-earth-a-glorious-film-about-lynn-margulis*
<https://www.margaretwertheim.com/new-blog/2017/9/4/symbiotic-earth-a-glorious-film-about-lynn-margulis>

*From the Press Release:*

*Symbiotic Earth* is the story of a scientific rebel. A model of female
empowerment, Lynn Margulis fought the male establishment and, through her
persistence, triumphed. As a young scientist in the 1960s, Margulis was
ridiculed when she articulated a theory that symbiosis was a key driver of
evolution. Instead of the mechanistic view that life evolved solely through
random genetic mutations and competition, she presented a symbiotic
narrative in which bacteria joined together to create the complex cells
that formed animals, plants, and all other organisms. The idea that all of
life is deeply interconnected and collaborative has radical implications
for how we look at and understand our selves, our species, our
relationships, our kin, sex, death, resilience, adaptability,
regenerativity, ecology, evolution, our changing environment and our
climate.

*Global Premiere Screenings:*
There have been three other *Symbiotic Earth* Global Premiere screenings:

*Oxford University*
Large Lecture Theatre, Sherrington Building
Sherrington, Oxford 0X1 3PT United Kingdom
Presented by Voices from Oxford
Sponsors: Chelsea Green Publishing and Dan Sackett
Post screening discussion with filmmaker John Feldman and physiologist and
evolution scientist Denis Noble, author of The Music of Life.

*Natural Science Museum of Barcelona*
Carrer de Leonardo da Vinci, 4-6
08019 Barcelona, Spain (with Spanish subtitles)
Presented by Ricardo Guerrero, microbiologist, academic director of the
Academia Europaea-Barcelona Knowledge Hub
Post screening Question and Answer session with filmmaker John Feldman

*David Brower Center*
2150 Allston Way
Berkeley, CA 94704 USA
Presented by Bioneers and the David Brower Center
Post screening discussion with filmmaker John Feldman and author and
systems theorist Fritjof Capra.