[P2P-F] Fwd: Lula for beginners - Pablo Gentili (English, French and Arabic) (Theodoros Karyotis)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 20:31:07 CEST 2018

> Thanks for your reply,

I think both are true, i.e. Lula composed in many ways with neoliberal
realities, and its extrativist logic, but at the same time, realized
significant redistribution effects,

to the degree he was successfull, he had enormous support from the urban
poor, which started diminishing when the compromises (and the objective
situation) became such, that post-lula governments started delivering less
and less,

but from what I saw during my 3 long trips in brazil, he was overwhelmingly
popular with the urban poor, and what killed the PT was their increasing
passivity,

the resistance to Lula and PT did not come from the urban poor, but from
the middle classes, with some exceptions there were no massive anti-lula
movements from the poor and working class

Michel