[P2P-F] Fwd: Article: The Right to the City in an Age of Austerity - ROAR Magazine

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Nov 10 18:50:28 CET 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Theodoros Karyotis <tkaryotis at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 6:47 PM
Subject: Article: The Right to the City in an Age of Austerity - ROAR
Magazine

Dear friends,

last June I was asked by the nice people at ROAR Magazine to do a
retrospective of urban struggles in Greece in the austerity era for ROAR's
sixth print issue.
Just a few days ago the text was made open access, so I am sharing it here
with you.
https://roarmag.org/magazine/right-city-age-austerity/

While writing the piece, I found out it was difficult to produce a coherent
narrative on grassroots politics and urban commoning without falling into
cliches, exaggerations and simplifications. Reflecting the complexity of
struggles in a context of generalized mobilization in the 3000-word essay
format has been a challenge.

If you have some 40 mins to spare, below is the link to a video of my
keynote speech at the TRISE conference in early September, where I address
the same issue, with a more theoretical approach, especially in regard to
collective identities and the concept of "rights".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-pv3zH_A0E&index=2&list=
PLOerw0V-oTHa9TlL6P0H9uBeL2qG-55kr

As always, your comments, reflections, disagreements, invectives, etc are
welcome. :-)

Cheers,
Teo

autonomias.net
twitter.com/TebeoTeo
...buscar y saber reconocer quién y qué, en medio del infierno, no es
infierno, y hacer que dure, y dejarle espacio...

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/