[P2P-F] Fwd: Important Travel Information For Sloan commons patterns charrette

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon May 15 15:57:47 CEST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bruce Caron <brucecaron at esipfed.org>
Date: Mon, May 15, 2017 at 8:54 PM
Subject: Important Travel Information For Sloan commons patterns charrette
To: michel at p2pfoundation.net

Hello Charretters,

Please take note of the following information and feel free to email Bruce <
brucecaron at esipfed.org> if you have any questions.  We are looking forward
to seeing you in Bloomington!

NOTE: this email is just about travel. We will be asking you for some more
information and giving you some more information shortly!

Cheers, Bruce and David

Travel information for Sloan scholarly commons patterns charrette
participants

We plan on starting our first session at the Ostrom Workshop
<http://email.n3.highrisemail.com/c/eJxNT8tuhDAM_Bq4NbIdEycHDn1orz32HAgsqGSDgGpX_fqa9lLJGstjjz1OrUu9dPXcIgf2jWNBcQEFwLJhQ-RZAMF7B4TEwVHFMM3XaZv3Icd5MX3J9dT2iUEiIVAKwScbIQTnmS34zsMY66WdjmPdK_tc0UXjfr-baynXZTg3KJGjdumyLrEfNL_vx3byLx9l-9ynsp4yBhsMCoJIqOj1yTvTkHp1TiuUb51J8YiVfasIbUZF7n4xN78MK-IOD_2ndxpRug6Zg9qCx5jsMHaWRBpoMHmd9ZlOXfp_Fjn9HWaPEuqtzXM_DYuaW2kdy9dNLczlZm7D8QMeIF9q>
at 3 pm on Saturday, July 22, 2017. This means you need to land at the
Indianapolis airport no later than 1pm on Saturday July 22.  For some of
you, this may mean traveling on Friday, in which case we will cover your
meals and hotel in Bloomington on Friday July 21 too.

The charrette will conclude on MONDAY, July 24, at 12:30 pm.  It is
possible to then be at the IND airport by 2 pm, in time for 3 pm
departures. If you need to spend Monday night in Bloomington, we will
reimburse expenses for that day.
Getting reimbursed for your travel expenses!
(First things first).

*International travelers: if it is a hardship for you to buy your own
ticket and hotel and then be reimbursed, we can work with you to pay for
these from our side. Let Bruce know early!*

Since you will be paying for your own travel and then applying for
reimbursement, here are some things to remember:

Travel expenses (flights, parking, taxis, etc.): We need to have receipts.

Airfare: coach seats only, please.

Meals and Incidentals on travel days:

We can pay up to $51.75 for food on travel days (no receipts needed).

US Government Per Diem in Bloomington is $69.  Dinner is $31.  Lunch is
$17.

We will provide breakfast daily (at hotel), Dinner on Saturday and lunch on
Sunday and Monday.

You are on your own and can charge per-diem rates for any meals on Friday
in Bloomington, dinner Sunday.

Monday morning we will  arrange for box lunches for those hoping to dash to
the airport.

If you are staying over, you can charge Dinner on Monday too.

We do not need receipts for per-diem meals. But we are limited to the rates
above.

Getting to/from Bloomington, Indiana
Flights:

You will choose your own air itinerary:  The nearest airport is
Indianapolis (IND)

Here’s a good place to start: Google Flights
<http://email.n3.highrisemail.com/c/eJwVjTsOwyAQBU9jl2hZ1rAuKNLkHvxskLCxYiJfP0R6xWiKedHqGIyfi5W0Ei-ajDR6lQZAkSCByGRAArMGlEirxokglz1_yp0OV6oI7Ziz9QzJQ9DJgWJWKL1mxKhI6sU5E-dqc-_XPanXhO-x53nE3tpe078wxFZHtd-D5o89SsipjqsLr619z-h6aac4U_8B0sg0lQ>
.

Overseas flights: we can reimburse up to $1600.

>From US West Coast: we can reimburse up to $600

>From Texas: we can reimburse up to $500

>From US East Coast/East Canada: we can reimburse up to $400

IF you have an itinerary that is optimal for you, but that is more
expensive than the limit: please contact Bruce <brucecaron at esipfed.org>
before you purchase this.

NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL TRAVELERS: we realize that flying all the way to the
US just to get the Bloomington may seem a bit limiting.  Should you want to
combine the Bloomington travel with a stop-over in another city, we can
work with you, as long as the amount of the ticket we will reimburse is not
more than $1600.

*International travelers: if it is a hardship for you to buy your own
ticket and hotel and then be reimbursed, we can work with you to pay for
these from our side. Let Bruce know early!*

Airport-hotel transportation:

Bloomington is a good HOUR car ride from Indianapolis Airport.

We are recommending using Lyft.   You will need to get an Lyft account
<http://email.n3.highrisemail.com/c/eJwVjDkOwyAQAF9jSgTLcmxBkcb_wBwBCR-yiaz8Po40zRQzyZsU7cKal0jotEErrSFphVDIkQM4tEIK54wACUgGJhS1vevZrryG1nncV1Z91totJgbSUVGGIEhZSiZQLC4WkKz7OsZxTeo1wfxw3zfv3zL-_aPs9GuLNfdnf8BR9s-Wwmj7xrc8fpcYMM0>
to do so.

Lyft
<http://email.n3.highrisemail.com/c/eJwVjTEOwyAQBF9jl-g4LhwUFGnyDxtwQMLYwkRWfh8ibTFTjDY4HTyvc3aSLJmHJpasrWQARYIEoiEGCcZoQIlkNU4EKb9Ty1fcl1yEP_Y5OavNw7NaI4KPVloLjGrTHBZiMhzn4lLv5zWp54Svsfu-Rflu_d8PXXI7j9avgbmGubk9-xTLODvx3I5PDUvPRxU19h8wEDVh>
can pick you up at Zone A in the Airport Ground Transportation Center.

We will need the receipt to reimburse you.  This should cost less than $60
each way.

There are shuttle buses to Bloomington.  These will take almost 2 hours to
get to the Hilton Hotel in Bloomington. They cost $20 and are scheduled
once an hour. You catch them at the Airport Ground Transportation Center.

Hotel:

You will make your own hotel reservation in Bloomington:

The Hotel In Bloomington is the Hilton Garden Inn.

Here is the LINK
<http://email.n3.highrisemail.com/c/eJwlT8tqxDAM_JrktsaWVTs55NBu2bCHPqCFHktqO7GK7ZjEC6VfX4eCZtBIMCPZQVmjv1oaBPbY3SnUQqteaM4lMmQAHWoueNcpDgKwV9Ag97T4jXYXJwrMrLH1Q4eglZTcIvazmaGfQCirDRqsnka0YfCl5EbeN3Cp5SmUNS3TZl2ilNi_Pszq0qVKCx20rbe81ya7bV_TFOjX2SofDjyN1-fxeno7n0_A68kaRB1Tsu6HffsSQyMvH-8smk-yjXx8fRnbbYhkvAv1iQx5Xm_JToVqcHLlD94rUJw>
to our room block.

We will cover hotel lodging for nights from Friday, July 21 through
departures on Monday, July 24.

Bruce Caron
Community Architect
ESIP Federation
Cell Phone: 805 7290603

Unsubscribe
<http://email.n3.highrisemail.com/c/eJw1z8lOwzAUheGnSXZE9vWtr73IooJWoipDEYNYempsyEScCPr2hAXSvzqLTzq-lt6RLVPNUaPaSCROUnNiTGCFFYBCYpwpJRlwQC2hQBZTE6eUQ2dSW7mhK2ONZInDRgN5VF6spmVAzhqhNBrly7aO8zzmQmwL2K_l4JYpVP9U_PqD1n3p82Kzm5INhdiP5tIOxhfiJhx-PtDEbr46PD7v6OGo2JScvru8na7ub8-vaXJNNulzl5_adxfT_vu05dQcX5qCrtcMMgwOnXLcgZHOaiYArPVeEtkgJHjiZ-bLqe6Si6Fdf44wnoel92ZOQ1_1Yf4FpYddRg>
[Note: you will miss important info later if you do]

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/