[P2P-F] Reflections on Trump, and the role of the commons as an alternative

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Feb 8 15:22:17 CET 2017

dear George,

yes, I agree with you, we have to operate at both these levels, and I'm
guessing the grassroots level dialogues are already happening,

but changing the thinking of people who have been working with one
particular paradigm  all their lives is much more difficult, if not almost
impossible <g>, so I would suggest working through younger staffers,
working with think thanks, organizing workshops with people in political
movements that are open to commons ideas ...

personally, I am also very happy with the progress of the Assemblies of the
Commons in France, though most are not focusing on this political work, but
they are in dialogue with municipal officials for their projects; and
initiatives like the Commons Transition Coalition in Melbourne. The work of
the European Commons Assembly which continues and develops after the
meeting, is also heartening, and simliar initiatives are under way in
germany, finland and the netherlands I heard

I think a good question to ask is: what do they need that is related and
compatible with the commons approach, and is there any way that we can
assist them, so that goodwill and dialogue become possible,

the UK is a bit of an outlier no, more like the USA than Europe ? apart
from open and platform coops, I'm not hearing much that is specifically
commons oriented  ? Glad to be proven wrong though <g>

Michel

***

Message: 2