[P2P-F] Fwd: When Memes Fail Us

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Nov 28 09:44:03 CET 2016

"a paralyzed, incompetent federal administration will simply require people
to develop more local mechanisms for economic recovery, social cohesion,
and mutual aid. This means red and blue people working together to maintain
the basics of civil society, from food supply chains and healthcare to
education and peaceful streets. With neoliberalism and supra-national
corporations at bay for a moment, we may actually have more of an
opportunity to develop bottom-up alternatives than we've had for a long
time. The Depression spawned local currencies, farm cooperatives, and new
mechanisms for distributed prosperity. Those of us with a foot in the real
world stand a chance of building similar tools and networks, today. "