[P2P-F] [NetworkedLabour] questions re funding of p2p value conference

Anna Harris anna at shsh.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 10:13:23 CEST 2016

I think I understand the distinction Orsan is trying to make between a movement which is headed by experts in the field, and one which consciously avoids leaders, by trying to provide conditions where as far as possible people can be treated as equals. I also understand the difficulties in a 'transitional' situation where people attempt to earn a living based on their expertise, which is seen to have some financial value, by speaking, writing articles, consequently gaining recognition and status, which aids them in earning.

I don't see a resolution to this except to become as aware as possible of how defensive we might feel, when called to account for exploiting publicity to our own advantage.

Anna