[P2P-F] Fwd: Altgen - you - me - us - (2016 London news) / Please circulate ! Thank you : )

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Jan 27 07:22:19 CET 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Constance Laisné <constance at altgen.org.uk>
Date: Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:19 PM
Subject: Altgen - you - me - us - (2016 London news) / Please circulate !
Thank you : )
To: jules peck <jules at flourishingenterprise.org>

*Dear GNE crew,*

*2016..How can change happen you may wonder? Well, difficult question when
surrounded by competition. Altgen believes that by working together in
caring ways we can build a more equal, democratic and sustainable economy
that we are in control of. So we are doing this **in 2016.** --->*

*1. New co-operative work space in London*

It's official- we have a new co-operative workspace in Borough
<https://vimeo.com/150591901>. Whhooop! From March, this space will be
shared by an array of freelancers, researchers, and young co-operatives
working together to create a more equal, democratic and sustainable
economy.  This new environment will encourage a culture of mutual support
and will be a fertile ground for education, sharing, learning and
co-creating the new economy together. *If you are interested in being
involved*, please express an interest
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18M71uQkzVqELOvBgJCwDxDHFgjb75vYjh8AKCsOamNs/viewform?c=0&w=1>
 by filling in this form before February 8th as spaces will unfortunately
be limited.

*2. Freelancers Co-operative*
*Don't work alone!* After researching best practice in Europe we are
launching a 'Freelancers Co-operative' in London which will be based at our
co-working space. We are interested in piloting a new model for work for
freelancers benefiting from mutual support and co-budgeting as well as
shared resources. Click here to express an interest
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sRhaiogg3U5KUEHPmZ3irtv3J-mVo3zj0BKQ_pEPbYc/viewform>
or
join our first breakfast <http://goo.gl/forms/3kgf1USOEE> on the topic.

*3.  A network of young co-operators *
We are part of a network of wonderful people that proactively try to
challenge the way young people are expected to enter the world of work - by
looking at how to create new economic structures. Come along to the launch
event
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/young-co-operators-network-launch-party-tickets-20515730101>of
the Young Co-operators Network
<http://www.thenews.coop/100051/news/co-operatives/new-uk-national-young-co-operators-network/>
 on Friday 19th February from 6-9pm to find out more about how you can get
involved.

That's all for now!

(click on the 'linkmage') --->

[image: https://vimeo.com/150591901] <https://vimeo.com/150591901>