[P2P-F] Fwd: FYI: Venkatesh Rao on the life of the corporation

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Jan 17 10:57:00 CET 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nurul E. <ne_atl at onebox.com>
Date: Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 4:47 AM

A Brief History of the Corporation: 1600 to 2100
  By Venkatesh Rao

http://www.ribbonfarm.com/2011/06/08/a-brief-history-of-the-corporation-1600-to-2100/

"..We are not used to viewing world history through the perspective of the
corporation for the very good reason that corporations are a recent
invention, and instances that had the ability to transform the world in
magical ways did not really exist till the East India Company was born.
Businesses of course, have been around for a while. ..

..[Many commentators] have talked about how the traditional corporate form
is getting obsolete. But in digging around, I found to my surprise that
nobody has actually attempted to meaningfully represent the
birth-to-obsolescence evolution of the idea of the corporation. Here is my
first stab at it (I am working on a much more detailed, data-driven
timeline as a side project).. "

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/