[P2P-F] RSA Fair Share report to come out tomorrow

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Jan 13 08:22:05 CET 2016

The RSA primer on the sharing economy is being published tomorrow. There
will be a read-only version on Medium and a download available on the RSA
website.

The report is essentially a primer on the business model of sharing economy
platforms, understanding how the model enables a rise to power and what
that means for us all in terms of either trying to manage or counter the
influence of these platforms.

In the report, the RSA offers:

·         A new concept of *‘shared value creation’*;

·         A new process by which we can understand the monopolistic
elements of some platforms, which we refer to as *‘crowdsourcing monopoly
power’*

·         An alternative approach to shaping the sharing economy
through *‘shared
regulation’*

·         An overview of *the trade-offs (opportunities and challenges) of
the sharing economy from a range of perspectives*, presented as the
starting point for shared regulation

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/