[P2P-F] gradualism vs reformism

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Aug 7 17:11:40 CEST 2016

very useful distinction indeed,

the way I see it is, we need to gradually strenghten the new sphere within
the old, before a fully qualitative system change can occur,  i.e.
political and social revolutions, which can be 'peaceful' as in the East
European case, come at the end, not at the beginning,

they are 'organic' events, and their level of violence does not depend on
the mass of the people who want a more just system, but on the willingness
of the old system to submit to the change (for example, the lack of
fighting spirit in the soviet elites, who had seen the limits of their own
system)

Michel

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/